Scams

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 4

I have been scammed recently by a shopify store and suspect another of also being a scam.  I have heard of many others being scammed via Shopify. Facebook are posting these ads and targeting people according to their hobbies etc. This MUST be sorted out by both Shopify and Facebook. The reputation of genuine store are going to suffer and as a platform for these stores Shopify must in some way be liable and until they sort it Facebook shouldn't accept any ads from a Shopify store They are both facilitating scammers. I wonder how they would justify these cases in court? if I had the money I would find out! If Shopify cannot control this problem it shouldn't be operating.

2 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 3

Unfortunately, there are many stores like this. Just wanted to share a store that sells fraudulent product because I wish I saw this on a forum. The site is outdoorshopx.com who lures people in with fake Instragram contests to under the Username @Campingxx.

Products are nothing like what they appear. They delete all comments and posts where people speak on this and are riddled with fake profiles spamming positive comments about service. I did not receive a message for 3 months, and the product I received took that long to be received. By that time, I already called my credit card company are reported fraud. They are ordering from the cheapest warehouses in China and products are absolutely nothing like the products listed. That's why it took that long to receive a dollar store item.  Hope this can help someone out. 

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 4

I will not buy from any store powered by Shopify now..just in case

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1
Just been scammed by a Shopify website too. Is there anyway to get my
Money back and the site shut down?
1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Same.

There was a site with shopify called TigePerfume.com - "Lak Perfumes 2020" was their name. They were selling discount perfumes, same as many other sites. Only this time they took 3 orders from me. Sent me a fake tracking number for two shipments (same number on both - which was delivered to PostNet in Texas when I live in New York - and the order had my shipping address on it). Ignored all my attempts at contact. And now their entire website is just empty and gone. Anything I can do about that other than waiting on my bank?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Shopify should do something about this. I was scanned buy another shopify store https://hollychill.net/

It hurts shopify stores reputation. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I was also a scammed victim of one of shopify's hosted websites named Movdiec.shop. After I received my first order I started to research the item they were advertising as selling as what I received was a plastic dollar store item which was broken, clearly not what I was lured in to buy by their fake advertising. I was also told by their 1 support person that I should be happy with what I got and they would only refund me 40% of my order. 

Call your bank or CC company and get the charge reported as fraud and fake advertising. Take pictures of the items you received and screenshots or anything you can download or have on file in regards to the description of the item they were advertising as selling to you. The last part is to report them to the FTC. Use a search engine to go to their website if you do not know it or just search FTC false advertising. 

When the Federal Trade Commission finds a case of fraud perpetrated on consumers, the agency files actions in federal district court for immediate and permanent orders to stop scams; prevent fraudsters from perpetrating scams in the future; freeze their assets; and get compensation for victims. When consumers see or hear an advertisement, whether it’s on the Internet, radio or television, or anywhere else, federal law says that ad must be truthful, not misleading, and, when appropriate, backed by scientific evidence. The FTC enforces these truth-in-advertising laws, and it applies the same standards no matter where an ad appears – in newspapers and magazines, online, in the mail, or on billboards or buses. The FTC looks especially closely at advertising claims that can affect consumers’ health or their pocketbooks.

Hopefully Shopify will take note to start monitoring their new customers websites for fraud / fake advertising before they get pulled into it as part of the issue. 

0 Likes