Scan form ASAP

Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 5
Hi everyone!

I have been selling on shopify for almost 3 years now and shopify still has yet to make the addition of a scan form for USPS. This has made it almost impossible to run my business as I’m sure so many of you are also experiencing. USPS employees will no longer accept drop offs for large amounts of packages and I am lucky enough to have a good relationship with them where they are willing to accept my 50+ orders a day, however they are growing very tired of scanning each individual package especially when I sometimes have 200+ packages. This is absolutely ridiculous on Shopify’s end and I am considering switching e-commerce platforms because of this. The only solution they have provided is to use shippo or shippingeasy which in my opinion both suck. The platforms are slow to use when you’re shipping large amounts and are not nearly as intuitive and functional as Shopify’s label feature.

I am demanding that shopify make the addition of a scan form to their platform, otherwise I will be switching e-commerce platforms and taking my business elsewhere. Why should we continue to support shopify when they clearly do not care about their customers to add such a simple feature. This is way overdue.

Please leave a comment if you also agree that shopify NEEDS to add this feature for us!
3 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 9

Yup.....my post office has told me I need to provide that or I cant drop off.

Shopify.....I'm sure you will just respond with your typical lame excuse that you let somebody higher up on the totem pole than you know...BUT, what we want is that person in charge of this to give us an in depth reason why this cannot be implemented quickly to our shopify shipping.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
154 17 21

You could hire a Shopify Expert to create a custom app for you: https://experts.shopify.com/

W3trends is one of the leading app developers in the Shopify ecosystem. We can handle anything E-commerce or App related for your business. Feel free to message me if you need any work done!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 9

But of course...spend more money for a simple feature that should already be part of the shopify platform since USPS wont allow bulk drop offs. This just tells me that shopify is a platform geared towards low volume sellers or they just dont give a f*$#.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Agreed! It's absolutely shameful in these difficult times of fighting a deadly virus spreading that Shopify is making it MORE difficult on the already struggling USPS workers who are risking their lives or lives of their loved ones by continuing to work every day and pick up and deliver our packages. All of our businesses WILL come to a screeching halt if USPS ever needs to shut down. 

Shopify is LOSING my shipping money because I am using a 3rd party shipping label app instead. I am PAYING MORE to do so, but I must do so in order to get a USPS Scan Form. I ship anywhere from 50-100 packages a day and I am very grateful that my USPS mail carrier is still picking up my shipments from my home. I used to deliver them to the post office every day. These workers deserve better - and that is why USING A SCAN FORM IS ESSENTIAL! Shame on Shopify for not including this BASIC shipping feature. 

2 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 5
Yes it really is ... the experts can’t event make one for us .. I’m disappointed in Shopify all the way around it’s such an inconvenience on my business and becoming my life SHOPIFY you need to do something like seriously y’all have to be some money hungry people to not have this simple feature for is business owners
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 5
Any luck with this? Have you found a way to print the form because Shopify clearly do ng give af still
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 5
They have ALL denied me or went to charge 4000 plus to do it
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 9
I'm now using pirate ship. Same rates as shopify had on the $79/mo plan.
So far so good. But what sucks is partial shipments aren't so easy. Because you are not able to select the items that are shipping it could possibly turn into fulfilling items that shouldn't have been and then you run the risk of never fulfilling those since they will show asfulfilled.
Just more fkn time and money out of my pocket because shopify has to please their third party app developers and let them try and figure out solutions while they sit back and collect their money from us. It's a damn shame.

Just the same in the fact that shopify allows you to input product weight yet no dimensions.....how the hell do you provide accurate us accurate calculations on shipments with only weight????? Absolutely retarded and causes nothing but pissed off customers unless you invest more time and money into third party apps that simply associate dimensions with products.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 9
Does anyone know of another ecommerce provided other than shopify that offers these basic features such as a usps SCAN form and product dimensions/weight?
1 Like