Search filter does not work

Highlighted
3 0 0

Good,

I have a small problem with the configuration of my store.

I have already created the products, but I can not activate the product filter, to be able to search through the filters.

I would need to be able to activate the filters and thus be able to facilitate the search for the users that enter the site.

0 Likes
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2909 211 471

Hi Enrique, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

Can I ask what theme you are using for your store? If it is a Shopify theme there is a helpful guide document going through the ins and outs of the search function for your store which you can see here. Also if there is something not working here, then if it is a Shopify theme, our team can take a look into why this could be happening. 

If you are using a non-Shopify (Paid theme) from the Shopify theme store your best bet would be to reach out to the developer about it directly as they created and developed the theme and the code would be unfamiliar to the Shopify theme support team. 

Alternatively, you could look into getting a search function app from the Shopify app store. The apps would offer more functionality and some of them have free plans but some have a cost also. If you could be worth having a look through some of them to see if something does fit what you're looking for. You can find a very popular search app with a free plan called Smart Search & Instant Search.

In the meantime, please let me know what theme you are using and if one of the above solutions/ links can help you moving forward. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
The theme that I am using is: Fastest-Westyle-Shoes It's a theme that I bought in themeforest and inside it was supposed to come with thousands of features that I'm not seeing once the theme is installed. But the filter functionality is basic and I see that you are not using it.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2909 211 471

Hi Enrique,

Thanks for getting back to me with this information. As I mentioned in my first comment, because this is a third party theme, your best bet would be to reach out to the developer directly about this if you wanted to go down that route. You can see Themeforest's support channel from the link here where one of the action items is Assistance with bug's and issues which this seems to be. 

It might also be worth asking them about the other features which you should be getting once the theme was installed. 

Hope this helps and don't hesitate to ask any other questions should you have any. 

All the best, Nick 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello Enrique

Sometimes having a separate search and filter apps can cause this.

Another thing that can cause this is your theme. Shopify apps generally depend on CSS selectors on your page to work. Since different themes use different selectors, it is not uncommon to experience such difficulties. 

One suggestion that I would have is to use a search and filter app from the Shopify app store that supports changing the CSS selector as per your theme. You might have to reach out to their support if things still don't work but things usually get fixed quickly.

If this still doesn't solve your problem then you can refer to this article for more information.

0 Likes