Searching Products embedded on WordPress site with Buy Button

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi all,

Since I already had a domain and webhosting, I am in the process of converting my WordPress blog into an eCommerce site using the Shopify Buy Button, however I've encountered a number of limitations that I need help with:

1) I've just added Ajax Search Lite plugin to improve internal searches on my site, however products added with embedded Buy Button code don't appear.  How can I make my products searchable by Ajax Search (or any other search plugins)?

2) I've found that my products do become searchable by Ajax Search when I add them to my WordPress site using the WP Shopify plugin, but then the product images don't appear in the search results (I've ensured that Product Images are set to appear in the Ajax Search settings).  How can I ensure that the 1st product image for each product in my Shopify Product inventory becomes the Featured Image for that product so that it appears in searches when imported to WordPress using WP Shopify?  

3) I have found that there used to be a plugin to import Shopify products into WordPress using the WooCommerce plugin, however it doesn't look like this is supported any longer.  Any other plugins that would allow me to use the WooCommerce interface to manage how my product appear on my WordPress site while automatically using the Shopify Cart and Checkout?  If not, any tips or tricks?

These limitations keep pushing back my launch date, and I want to get up and selling as soon as possible.  I would greatly appreciate any help on this!  

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Did you ever find solutions to any of these? I'm dealing with the same issues. 

0 Likes