Searching on website using SKU codes

Highlighted
2 0 0

Good morning all,

I was hoping that some of you could help me work out the best way to structure our website.

Currently, our website is set up so that there is a product page that you then click on to view the different variants. However, if we type a specific variant SKU code in the search bar it only takes us to then general product page and then you have to search through all of the variants for that product to find the particular one you are after. The trouble we are having is that some of our variants have 3 or more 'options' (drop down boxes) that would need to be exactly matched up in order to find the exact variant SKU you are after. For the customers this is quite difficult, as the person ordering does not always know the exact combination of options for each variant and either has to spend a lot of time doing trial and error or sometimes they just give up.

Would anyone of you happen to know how a customer can search a SKU code in the search bar, so that Shopify takes them directly to the SKU code that they have searched?

I am assuming there is a fix to this problem; however, we are crossing our fingers that it doesn't require a whole re-structure of our website.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Kim.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
125 0 13

unfortunatly as far as I know there isn't anyway to link directly to a product by sku. I think you could do it if you could adjust the liquid code in the backend, but without seeing it and your site, it is hard to tell

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Has a solution been found for this? I'm having the same issue. We have lots of products we'll be uploaded, all with multiple variants. When a user needs to search by SKU, currently the site just returns the main product, not the variant SKU searched. This is bad UX as the user would have to click through each variant to find the SKU they want. Is there a solution to this? 

0 Likes

Any updates on this? We're also looking for a solution to this as it can be very confusing for some customers to find the exact item by clicking thru variations.

0 Likes