Second time funds are on hold in 3 months!

cherylfoh
Excursionist
42 3 5
"Your payouts from Shopify Payments are on hold while we review your account

Contact Support for next steps on this standard review. This hold does not prevent your customers from checking out."

This is the second time in 3 months that you have done this. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH OUR ACCOUNT THAT YOU ARE REPEATEDLY HOLDING OUR FUNDS FOR SEEMINGLY NO REASON?!

0 Likes
Lana
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
178 21 16

Hello @cherylfoh!

This is Lana from Shopify. I understand that this is a very frustrating situation, so I wanted to help guide you and get to the bottom of this as soon as possible.

You mentioned that this is the second time that such a hold has been put on your account - during the first time, how did you get this resolved? Were you by chance asked to submit some documents? If so, did your documents go through with no issues, or were you notified and told that additional info was needed?

In the case that you were not asked for documents, were you contacted by our team at all regarding your Shopify Payments account? Please do double check your emails as well as your spam/junk folders, as that is where our correspondence can sometimes end up. 
If you find that there were no emails sent regarding your account, then your next step would be to please reach out to our support line here. The reason that I have to redirect you to that support link is because I am currently unable to look into your account information via the Shopify Community.

I appreciate your patience in all this, if you have any questions at all please do not hesitate to reply to me here.

Thanks! -Lana

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
cherylfoh
Excursionist
42 3 5
Hi Lana,
Back on March 26th our account was placed on hold. Invoices from our
suppliers were requested which we submitted immediately. The issue was
resolved on March 31st and the funds were then released to our bank account
and the hold was removed.

In this case, we were not contacted by Shopify. I double checked my emails
and we didn't receive anything this time around. This is the second time
our payouts are placed on hold and for no reason at all. We had no warning,
no emails from anyone in the Shopify team.
Below, you'll see what is currently on our admin page.

Cheryl Overby

- Your payouts from Shopify Payments are on hold while we review your
account

Contact Support for next steps on this standard review. This hold does
not prevent your customers from checking out.
0 Likes