Selectable Option but NOT a variant?

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

We want to create a single SKU that is a "sample pack" of 6 items and we want the customer to pick from the 24 available colors. We do NOT want to create a "sample pack" sku for every possible combination, because these sample packs will be custom assembled and inventory of individual items tracked outside of shopify.

My current plan is for the customer to leverage the "order instructions" upon checkout to indicate their sample colors. How else might I be able to do this? I would love to have radio buttons enabling the using to check up to 6 of 24 available sample colors.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
90 0 13

Hi, there! 

Alicia here, from the Shopify Guru team.

You totally have other options for this! To allow customers to choose different options for a sample pack you can use an app, or add a code customization! A couple of app options that I found for you are Product Customization and Product Options. Both of these options mention that you can set up radio buttons, and you can test them out before you make any decisions to use them! The Product Customization app comes with a 14-day trial, with the price ranging from $9.99-$17.99 - Product Options comes with a 30-day trial and it's price ranges from $9.99-$19.99.

Aside from an app, you can also customize your theme code to set this up! The steps for that can be found in our "Get customization information for products with line item properties" document. If you are not comfortable with coding you can always have a developer help you with this! To contact a developer, you could reach out to Shopify Expert's. On top of both the option to use an app and customizing your theme for your needs, you can definitely make use of the variant option within Shopify as well - you don't have to use SKU numbers for each of the variants. 

I hope these options help with setting this up! Please let me know if you have any further questions at all, I would be more than happy to help in any way that I can. 

All the best,

Alicia D. | Shopify Guru

support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
900 0 58

wouldnt it be awesome if we could do simple stuff without having to pay an extra $20/month?  This needs to be a base feature, not an add-on that jacks up the price of operations.

0 Likes