Selling Downloadable Online Courses On Shopify

Highlighted
4 0 0

We have some Online courses that we have put together on the platform Teachable

How do we load these onto our Shopify Online Shop for people to purchase 

Once purchased, how do Clients download them?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
674 110 152

Hello @Liferetreat123, you have to use digital downloads app in your store. Different apps are available on Shopify apps store. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Hi, were you able to find a solution to this? I tried to integrate with Zapier but it seemed to want to enroll every paid Shopify customer into my courses.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

I have downloaded Digital downloads but can't find the option to add anything to it

Please advise

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

HI Karen

Still no luck 

Please let me know if you are able to 

My courses are all on Teachable and I want to be able to sell them on my Shopify store

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

@Liferetreat123 The only workaround I can think of is to create a digital download. For example, a PDF that contains a URL with an embedded 100% discount coupon. Not ideal, but I guess it's our only option. I'm so disappointed. If I find another solution I'll let you know.

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Also... With a bit of programming, it is possible to customize the order confirmation email for different products purchased. This would allow us to put the link directly into the conf. email. https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Design/Order-confirmation-email-based-on-product-type/m-p/32...

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

@Liferetreat123 Woohoo, it looks like it's possible! I got this message from Gary at Zapier support. I'm not sure I can figure it out, but I'm game to try.

To only Trigger from certain Products and then add that specific customer to Teachable you would have to add a Step 2 Filter by Zapier: https://zapier.com/help/doc/how-get-started-filters-zapier

With Filter by Zapier you can create the condition:

Only continue if "Shopify product name" contains "Course product 1" Then continue.

Otherwise, the Zap will stop.

So you can only Trigger from 1 specific Shopify product and then add that customer to the Specific course in Teachable.

So you would have to create a separate 3 step Zap for each of your Shopify products to teachable courses like this:

Step 1) New Paid Order in Shopify

Step 2) Filter by Zapier.

Only continue if "Shopify product name" contains "product course 1"

Step 3) Enroll User in Teachable in the "Product course 1"

So you would have to create a separate Zap with a different filter for each product to course.

0 Likes