Selling Secondhand Clothing Online

Shopify Expert
12 0 0

Shopifiers, 

I'm writing to you since I'm starting my platform in Egypt to sell secondhand clothing online. I'll be doing it on consignment basis. I was thinking I get 25% on every transaction. Do you feel it's a fair value? I'll be doing the laundry and the photography and the marketing. What do you think? And what do you recommend? 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
4 0 5

Yes that's fair. Even 30% is fair. 

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
12 0 0

A friend said I can go up to 40%, what do you think? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
41 0 1
Hey Abdelkadar,

The price you charge your clients depends on the range of clothing you are selling. If you are selling in the luxury market 20-25% could be quite reasonable depending on the product. For lower priced items you may get away with charging more even upon to 40%. 

Have you built your store on Shopify? If so how have you gone about managing consigners? Are you doing this manually? 

The reason I ask is because last year I was also doing consignment business but found it hard to managing everything so I built a platform that helps with just that and integrates with Shopify.

The goal was to build a new and modern consignment software that allows business to decrease cost with tools that saves them time, and increase revenue by making it easier to connect to more sales channels (like Shopify).

You can view our site here: www.frontflip.co

With the app you will have everything you need to run a consignment model on Shopify.

I would love to chat and help you out, if you do have this problem. You can reach my anytime at: hello@frontflip.co

Menan
0 Likes