Selling an email with QR Codes

3 0 0

I am trying to find a way to sell pre-ordered meals from my restaurant to customers. The process I'm looking to enable is for a customer to buy a meal on my website, and for the customer to receive an email with a QR code that they can show at my restaurant to receive their meal. Is there any way to do this on Shopify that anyone is familiar with? I would really appreciate any assistance or guidance anyone may be able to offer.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Excursionist
141 6 20

Shopcodes app is for generating QR codes.  Try using it to generate a QR code (PNG type), and then add the QR code into the email / email template.  A QR code can be generated for each meal, but title each one.  It may be necessary to modify the QR code image so it's viewable in a photo viewer and the email.  I'm going to try the same with my email marketing.  I'll give it a shot and could provide instructions with how I did it if I get it set correctly.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
9420 11 1262

The process I'm looking to enable is for a customer to buy a meal on my website, and for the customer to receive an email with a QR code that they can show at my restaurant to receive their meal. 

So this isn't so much talking about a meal but rather an order. The first question is to understand how your staff will use the code? What information must it contain? How do you validate that the code is legitimate?

QR codes are easy to make but there's a few business requirements that you'll need to think about.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
3 0 0

Hi Spiffystack. Thank you for your recommendation! I have downloaded Shopcodes and think this is a smart solution. Could you tell me how you think you may edit email templates for each product? I am looking around and I don't notice a way to customize confirmation email templates for each product. If you aren't sure of how, you may also feel free to let me know and I'll let you know if I come up with anything.

Thank you again!

0 Likes
Excursionist
141 6 20

I'm going to check into it in a bit.  I think I saw an option in the admin for customizing the theme that'll allow email template editing.

0 Likes
3 0 0
I do see an option in settings to edit content for a confirmation email. It appears it may only be possible to set a template for one universal confirmation email though, rather than a customized confirmation email for each product. If possible, I would appreciate it if you could let me know if this appears to be the case for you as well when you check into it. Thanks!
0 Likes
Excursionist
141 6 20

Check this out.  The order status email is modifiable, and with Shopify instructions.  If Shopcodes generates the code (not only the QR image), then it can be added to the order status email which is immediately sent when an order is fulfilled.  I think it could work because the order status email goes to the customers after paying and order is fulfilled via Shopify admin.  But a note in the checkout or elsewhere would be necessary so the customers know what they're getting in the email and how it works.

0 Likes