Selling by Weight

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Curtis - I notice you are having the same problems I am finding selling fabric by the .25 metre.  What did you end up doing for your POS?  I am looking at Lightspeed and if I go to Lightspeed for the POS, I'll probably also implement their web store because of the issues syncing inventory, which is a shame because I really like shopify better. 

0 Likes
Excursionist
27 0 4

Curtis: No brick and mortar store here -- strictly online for now. Syncing decimal quantities would be impossible with Shopify unless you just made all your inventory where a quantity of 1 actually equalled 1/4 yard or meter (or whatever the smallest length you sell is) in your POS and Shopify.

I'm not the least bit surprised by Shopify's response to your request for this issue. I'm sure in their opinion it's not something they even consider an issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I just want to add my voice to this: my business partner and I also are trying to set up an online fabric shop and we are running into this problem as well. SUCH A PAIN! And making 1 product = 0.25m will totally not synch with our current inventory system. Lame. It's the only thing delaying us from making our online shop live. So yeah, Shopify, please address this issue!

xo

Kate

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello everyone,

I read through your posts and I believe we have a solution for your problems. 

We recently published "Unitpricer" an app in the Shopify app store, which enables merchants to tell their products by weight, size, length or volume in the POS app: https://apps.shopify.com/sell-by-x

So with the app POS merchants are able to sell their products without having to make all of those different variations. However, at the moment we did not develop the app for the Shopify Onlineshop and just for the Shopify POS app.

As of now we are happy that the "Unitpricer" can make the life of POS merchants so much easier and once it is well received, we are looking forward to develop it for the online shop purposes as well.

Best regards

David

Pixelsafari.io
1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm a new online seller on Shopify for fruits & vegetables and I'm facing a similar issue as Jeff, Lorraine and others. The issue was first highlighted by Jeff in Oct 2013 so I'm surprised Shopify has not addressed this issue till now.

David - Your solution sounds promising. Currently our POS is a different one. We wanted to go online first with Shopify and if it works we will we wanted to replace existing POS with Shopify POS. I will get in touch with you once you develop the app for the Shopify Onlineshop. 

Regards

Vijay

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
126 11 19

Hi all,

Our company has begun development on an embedded app for Shopify POS that integrates directly with a weight scale.

If you would be interested in such an app, please fill out our interest form here to be notified: https://forms.gle/cKmac5xVp1eJtfaC6

Regards,

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi David,

www.primecuts.co.ke here Just wanted to know if you managed to developed the app for the online shop purposes and can we also use a barcode scanner to scan our 1D EAN-13 barcode to uploades the item name and weights

Im looking forward to hearing from you and also using the App.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
126 11 19

Hi Kurji,

I am an app developer who has created such an app and it is coming out in the Shopify app store soon. I will message you privately in case you are interested in beta testing, thanks.

2 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hi there we are interested kindy get us on shaukatali@primecuts.co.ke who
is me and copy IT who is Alex on alex@primecuts.co.ke
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

@policenauts1 I have a Business similar to Kurji's would you be able to send me an email at

0 Likes