Selling different items with different quanities

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi there,

Not sure where to go with this but hoping someone can help.

I work for a supplier of PPE workwear and other products.

We have a large variety of items from the like of polos, work trousers helmets to the likes of gloves and safety boots.

Some items especially the likes of gloves and safety glasses are sold in varying pack quantities.

we have most our products showing as 1 but it means that people for instance buy 8 or 10 pairs of gloves where the pack would be 12.

Is there any way of adjusting the quantity selector on our product page to display custom values - that are different depending on the product?

ie. when the product is a polo shirt the quantity selector shows 1, 2, 3 etc but when it is glove number 1 then it shows 1, 12, 24, 36 etc and when it is glove number 2 it shows 1, 10, 20, 30

hope this makes sense?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
44 8 5

Hi there @Marcel_Prosafe!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! There are a couple of ways you can offer different quantities for different products.

While you can simply change your variants to sell quantities as "single", "12 pack", "24 pack", etc. this can impact your inventory so it may not be ideal. An option that most merchants will opt for is to add a Bundles app, which you can browse for in our App Store.

The Bold Bundles - Product Bundles App by BOLD is a great example of an app that allows you to offer your products in a bundle, and promote those bundles to customers for discounts. BOLD offers a 14 day free trial, so you can test out their app before committing to their plan.

Alternatively, you can add custom code to your theme to display different quantities for select variants. While this is more complicated and expensive, you can look to hire an Expert to help you this custom code. I hope this helps! How is business coming along otherwise?

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes