Selling from Australia to USA

FlameGlove
Excursionist
20 0 5

Hello, I have just begun a new ecommerce business in which I will only be targeting US customers. I am located In Australia and am directly drop shipping from China. Before I begin running ads, I want to know if there are any legal forms I have to fill out, regarding like taxes or shipping. I am new to this so I just need some clarification. Thank-you

0 Likes
Ivy
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
97 12 11

Hi @FlameGlove.

Ivy here from Shopify - great question!

Firstly, congratulations on beginning your journey with e-commerce. We're delighted to have you onboard with us here. 

In terms of what we require here at Shopify - as long as you are in line with our Acceptable Use Policy and Terms of Service, we do not have any legal requirements outside of this for you to use our platform to begin selling. In terms of other legalities like inter-country taxes etc I would definitely advise seeking out advice from a Tax or legal expert to ensure you are meeting all requirements for your particular region or country. 

I would love to hear more about your plans for your store - do you have a target market in mind? Have you built out a marketing plan yet?

Looking forward to hearing back from you soon!

Thanks, Ivy.

Ivy | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes