Selling in the USA only.

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey everyone...im looking into selling my own product through shopify, but the shipping  rates out of country (USA) are outrageous. My question is how do i target my store and ads to US customers only to avoid paying the shipping fees. Im a little new to all of this and wanted to make sure that im doing things right. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
367 27 50

Hey, @Khris41!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

These are some great questions, and I'm happy to help out with some direction. I definitely appreciate wanting to only sell within your own country for the sake of keeping shipping costs down. You're able to set up your store so that only USA customers can complete the checkout by ensuring that USA is the only country included in your shipping settings. Here is some information, and some instructions on setting up and managing shipping and delivery for your shop. When you get to the point where you're creating a shipping zone, as long as the United States is the only country you add, only customers with a USA shipping address will be able to complete a purchase that requires shipping. 

As for advertising to customers in the USA only, that would depend on what methods you wish to use for marketing and advertising. Have you put any thought into what service(s) you want to advertise through? Feel free to reply back here and let me know, and I'll be happy to find some relevant resources to help you target your desired audience. 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes