Looking for some guidance here as I am new to Shopify (and not too technically minded). We have set up a store to sell personalised name labels - www.wonder-label.com. We are using some third party apps to facilitate the ordering process which are working really well.
We have been approached by another retailer (much larger than us) who wish to sell our product on their store (which is also a shopify store).
We can easily set up the product on their store using the same apps so that the user experience is similar on both websites.
The questions I have are:
1. Can this retailer give us access to their backend so that we can add our product and set it up without seeing any sensitive information?
2. Once the product is online, can the retailer give us access to the orders section of our product only (the reason we need to know this is because we have to fulfill the orders as they come in)?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.
Congratulations on your success with your store so far and for getting a retailer on board. To answer your first question, you can indeed get access to their backend by using staff accounts and staff permissions. They will be able to give you permission to their 'products' and 'order' section which will allow you to add the product and fulfil the order. In saying that, it won't be restricted to just your product, you will have access to their full product and order section. There is not a way to customise that so that it is only your product you have permission to.
I hope that makes sense but let me know if you have any further questions at all and I would be happy to help!
Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution
For #2 a couple of ideas:
1) You could get a daily excel spreadsheet sent to a shared dropbox folder, or via email (I've set up custom solutions like this before).
2) You could have an email sent to your team IF the order on their site contains one of your products (I've set this up before as well).
If you need help with either of those solutions give me a shout and I'll see what I can do for your specific situation.