Can Shopify sell items in packs or cases only?

MeganH
Visitor
1 0 0

I am looking for a way to sell items in packs or by the case. Right now I have it set as each item is a pack, so the customer sees $20 for an item and I just include in the description that it’s 4 per pack, so the price is actually $5 per item. It gets confusing. I only want to sell as 4 packs, so I would like the customer to only be able to add as multiples of 4. 

I have included a screenshot of how they have it on Faire, where I could enter how many items I had per case and it creates the multiples accordingly. 

602CC231-CA23-412C-9FE9-8ABA38753C81.png

Replies 2 (2)

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

Hi, @MeganH!

Welcome to Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I work here. Thanks for sharing your question with our network - I'm happy to chime in and offer some solutions.

A built-in workaround to this would be to continue setting up products as "packs" or "cases" like you already described. Then, you can create variants that say 4, 8, 12, so on and so forth as options to choose from. If your products are pre-packaged in cases, I can see this being a really efficient solution.

On the other hand if you need to track inventory separately for all items in the case then I would highly recommend going with an app from our App Store. I tried to find you the most valuable recommendations for your store, and I've listed them below:

These all sound like great options to browse through. Make sure to check them out and test any or all to see if they can meet your store needs. Also, keep our guide on getting third-party app support handy should you need to touch base with any of the App Developers for further support.

Let me know if I missed or misunderstood anything and I'd love to chat more.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

sevenminds
Shopify Partner
10 0 1

Hi @MeganH,

You can manage packs in your store with the app we developed — Packify. It allows you to create any number of packs with the given multiples and keeps the inventory in sync between packs and single-unit products.

That means that your packs will be visible as regular products in Shopify (tagged "pack"), and once the pack is sold, the inventory of the single unit product is decreased accordingly to the multiple.

You can try the app for free by installing it from the marketplace:
https://apps.shopify.com/packify

If you have any feedback for the app, please don't hesitate to email us at support@packify.app