Selling products from our physical store online

LewisForty
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi there,

So we recently moved to shopify and we are missing a key feature that we heavily relied on before when using Wordpress. We currently have 1 physical store and a website. The way we have setup our website and physical store is that inventory from our store can also be sold online once the stock levels from our websites inventory reaches 0.

The issue the staff is having from our store just now is that they don't know what items they are required to pick for online orders, the way we are having to do it just now is that a team member from our website has to manually create a list of items needed and send them to the store. This can be quite a lengthy process if there is a lot of online orders and would be almost impossible during a busy sale period like Black Friday & Christmas.

I am wondering if there is a way to that the store can be notified when they are required to pick an item from their inventory for a online sale?

Thank you in advance

Reply 1 (1)

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
2228 203 593

Couple ideas:

a) You could include someone from the store in the order confirmation emails and keep a shared Google Sheet of which products should be picked if they're in the online orders. Or if you only want to notify them of orders with certain products you could create an email filter to auto forward emails that contain the text "Product A".

b) For more advanced filtering / notifications, the app Order Automator can identify and tag orders based on the content (line item from inventory location X, or product stock level = 0, product SKU contains "some SKU prefix", etc). It can also send out email notifications when the orders come in. My team developed this app so if you need a customization (for example sending a daily spreadsheet) just reach out.

• Creator of Order Automator (automate tagging, fulfillment, Amazon, notifications + more)
• Shopify developer for 10+ years, store owner for 7 years
• I also make guides like Shopify Automation Tips and How to Deal with Fraud / Chargebacks