Selling products on Amazon (UK based Shopify Store)

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 2

I would like to think about selling products on Amazon but to begin with it has asked me to change my websites currency to dollars. Is this absolutely necessary? 

I understand that I need to pay for an Amazon Sellers account to sell products there and then I assume I can just 'import' the products from Shopify? What other steps would I need to take or is it that straightforward? Also I have a fulfillment service that I use where I have to manually export the csv orders list and send it to them. Will I be able to do this with orders placed on Amazon, ie will they be listed on shopify?

It says 8-20% commision for product sales. Is that amazon or shopify taking that commision and which is it? 8% or 20% ? (I am selling T-Shirts if that helps)

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 2
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
8 0 1

Hey, Jim!

Shelby here from the Shopify Guru team, thanks for reaching out.

At this time, the Amazon Sales Channel requires that the merchant is selling in USD only, in addition to having a Professional Amazon Sellers account, with selling on Amazon.com enabled.

I've included the link to our help guide on our Amazon Sales Channel, below:

Amazon Sales Channel

If you decide to change to USD currency so you can use this sales channel, then yes, you would be creating listings for products in Shopify, to put on Amazon and you can learn more about that here

Also, you will absolutely be able to see orders placed via the Amazon Sales Channel on your Shopify Admin and we have a help guide on processing orders via this sales channel, at this link.

As for the commission, that is taken by Amazon and it can be anywhere in the range of 8% to 20%. It'd be best to check with Amazon, directly, about that.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to us, anytime, through live chat or phone, via our Support page!

Happy selling,

Shelby

Highlighted
2 0 19

Shelby,

This is a lazy reply and customers outside the US pay the same sub fee's to use the service , yet are feature limited by the slow and inadequate roll out paths. Telling a UK customer to sell out of currency as a solution is rediculous.

Too many of Shopify's answers are focused on "when we can be bothered mentality" after advertising features, or else designed to push people to adopt paid apps so shopify can earn its kicker from them.

How about Shopify starting to rebate subs till it gets itself up to speed. Theres far too much false advertising on the features, speed and ease of use and basic feature sets are overlooked.

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 4

It is ridiculous that so many features are obsolete for UK merchants, yet you expect us to pay the same subscription like we are receiving the same service! Amazon works with all currencies, so why not allow everyone to use this as a sales channel? And I've complained endlessly about the inadequate Shipping Zones in the UK, which results in issues when any Irish customers order from our store. When I was researching there are other merchants complaining about these issues years ago and being told something would be done. Clearly not.

As soon as we have the time as a business to leave Shopfiy then we will be doing unless significant changes are made.

Highlighted
1 0 1

Hello @Shelby_G  can I ask some basic questions please. I'm an UK LTD and would like to sell both on amazon and shopify. what doest it mean in practice that i need to switch to USD? my customers will see USD?  that I'm unable to sync with Amazon.co.uk? I'd appreciate if you could shed some more light to any limitation of this approach. many thanks, tom

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 3

Switch to another e-commerce platform, add their respective Amazon app and sell to Amazon. Shopify has ridiculous rules and all time you contact support they try to sell you some app. In the end, it comes to be more expensive to run your store at Shopify.

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

The Shopify Amazon Sales Channel will list your Shopify products for sale on Amazon as you've described, however only for the categories supported by the app and only for USD accounts selling into Amazon USA or CA accounts selling into Amazon Canada.

Our solution, Codisto LINQ - Amazon & eBay, is able to do this in bulk and is available for all store currencies and all Amazon and eBay marketplaces globally, and is not restricted on categories (except where special permissions are required). 

The 8-20% commission for product sales mentioned on the Shopify Amazon Sales Channel refers to Amazon's referal fees for sales made on their site, and vary depending on which category - you can view the specific commission fees for each category on Amazon.com here (note, different fee schedules differ on other regional Amazon marketplaces) https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/external/200336920  

In your example, t-shirts, sales made on amazon would incur a 17% commission on the sales price paid to Amazon.

The Amazon Sales Channel does not incur additional fees, though as I mentioned, is limited in its functionality and application to global stores/marketplaces. Our third-party solution has monthly plans starting from $29/month as well as a range of tiered, fixed cost plans. 

With both our app and the Amazon Sales Channel sales orders made through amazon will be sent to your Shopify orders tab and can be fulfilled through your regular process.

I hope this helps you with your decision. You can find out more about Codisto here: https://apps.shopify.com/codisto-linq

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
14 0 11

Hi 

Just wondering if there is any update as to when Amazon integration will be available to European costumers? I see from this post and others that 3 years later and still nothing has been done. Every time I ask a Guru, they try and sell me an app that's going to cost me $30 or more a month!! Whereas it's free over in America. We switched our business and a couple of others last on a lie. Your google ads say "Seamlessly Integrate Your Shopify Store With Amazon". Once we migrated we discovered that it only works if you switch your site to dollars or use 3rd party and pay through the nose. This is false advertising. Can you give a date as to when this will be available to EU customersAmazon shopify.JPG

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
14 0 11

bump

0 Likes