Send an e-mail automatically, when sign up for newsletter

Highlighted
2 0 1

Hello guys,

I have a question for which I can not find the answer.
I would like that, if somebody sign up in my newsletter, that he gets an E-Mail automatically, where it says "Thanks you for the newsletter subscription ... blaablaa ...".

How can I do that? I would be very happy if you could provide a helpful answer. :)

Sorry for my bad english, I am from germany.

1 Like
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 502

Hi Deniz0801,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Your English is good so not to worry there and great question. The best way to create an email for a newsletter subscription which will be sent when a customer signs up is via an app from the Shopify app store. There are a few different apps which can do this. Let's take a look at some of them below:

Something to consider when implementing a sign-up newsletter/ email campaign is offering a discount code for customers upon signing up. 

One last thing I will leave you with is once you have your sign up newsletter and email marketing set up, you could use Kit to take advantage of the signups (after you import the names of the people who sign up to your Shopify store as Kit would not use any information for email marketing) so that Kit can use the data to build a stronger target audience for your advertising on Facebook and Instagram.

Hope this helps, any other questions, just let me know. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

4 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Thank you for your extensively answer, Nick.

Does my plan also works with MailChimp?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
240 1 20

I just started using the Klaviyo, and I love it!! It has TONs of things you can do rolled into one, and it is free until you hit so many subscribers. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 502

Hi Deniz0801,

No problem at all, my pleasure. 

Yes, your plan does work with MailChimp. There is an app in the Shopify app store which that allows MailChimp lists to be used which you can see here

That's awesome to hear as well Lisa. Klaviyo is top notch service for email marketing. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
30 0 0

@Nick wrote:

Hi Deniz0801,

No problem at all, my pleasure. 

Yes, your plan does work with MailChimp. There is an app in the Shopify app store which that allows MailChimp lists to be used which you can see here

That's awesome to hear as well Lisa. Klaviyo is top notch service for email marketing. 

All the best, Nick

Hey!

ive been trying out klaviyo in the past day but it doesn’t seem easy.  I am stuck on how to: automatically send an email to new subscribers whenever they just subscribed.

I’ve used flow, and even the newsletter list in the app isn’t the same as the one in Shopify.  I want people to be able to subscribe to the Shopify footer newsletter and still be able to receive the automated emai.  Could you point me to the right direction?  Thank you!

ron

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am also looking for assistance with Ron's question above. 

How can I send an auto email for those that sign up for the newsletter at the bottom or via pop up when visiting my website? 

Thank you. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 16

I have the same issue. I can see how Klaviyo offers a lot of options but so far for me it has mainly been frustrating. For whatever reason my (Shopify) newsletter signups don't always get automatically added to the relevant Klaviyo lists. Even though the signups seem to be added to the 'Profiles' section in Klaviyo and their profile indicates they accept e-mail marketing, they either do not get added to the required lists (such as 'Newsletter') or they actually get added to the required list but Klaviyo simply does not include them in the Welcome Flow. 

Somehow it seems that it might have something to do with the double confirmation that is required  when someone signs up for the newsletter through Shopify. I remember that you can require new signups to confirm their subscription through a confirmation email. However, of course half the time this confirmation email either ends up in spam or people just don't bother to confirm (while still being added as a Klaviyo profile). I am now desperately trying to figure out where I can turn this double confirmation off but haven't found it so far. If anyone would know where/how to do that that would help a lot!

Thanks in advance. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 1 3

This should be a native feature of Shopify ! .... really.

3 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 5

Hi there, seeing as Shopify now has its own Mail system for newsletters do you think a sign up thank you will join the offering too? Don't want to have to keep paying for Mailchimp/ Klaviyo for just a "thank you" email + better reports just because we have over 2000 subscribers. 

We should note that Shopifys Mail system has been released earlier than expected this year ( so maybe it's coming?!)  but surely these are NB aspects to have in house?!  We need clarity. 

4 Likes