Sending digital products from the backend via mail

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello community,

I have, perhaps a stupid, question. I want to sell digital personalized products. The customer should not be automatically activated for downloadable products, but the customer personalizes the product, pays and after it is finished, he gets the file sent via mail. My question is whether there is the option in the Shopify backend to send attachments (the digital product) to customers. I don't want to do this via Outlook, I want to have an overview in Shopify which customer has already received their order. In the backend there is the possibility to contact the customer by email. You can also adapt the template to this. Unfortunately, files cannot be attached there.

The answer is probably very simple, but I haven't found it yet.

Thank you for your help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
441 48 97

Hi @nuxxi,

Hyde here from Shopify. Great question!

It sounds like you are referring to Digital Downloads, for which we actually have a great help guide here.

With the use of Shopify's free Digital Download app, you can sell products to customers via email. If you could tell me a little more about what sort of customization options you want to offer your customer before they purchase the digital product, I'd be happy to point you in the right direction. For now, I'll simply direct you to the product options and customizations list of apps on our app store here.

I look forward to hearing from you!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes