Server log access?

1 0 0

Hi

I was wondering if I can get access to server logs for my own website if I was to sell with shopify? I would be interested for the purpose of helping to identify orders placed using bots.

Sorry for the likely very basic question, I could not find an answer from a quick scan.

Thanks

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
588 26 64

Hi there!

Don here from Shopify!

It's not actually possible for a merchant to access server logs here for security reasons.

These server logs contain confidential information on a shared server meaning access would be given to information which we're not permitted to share with other merchants.

One thing you can do to see activity in your store is to use the /admin/activity URL extension after yourstorename.com to see any changes made to your store.

Hope that clears up the situation for you here, though you can always reach out to us via our support site. :)

Regards,
Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

That does not answer the question at all.

Why can't Shopify provide server logs specific to one shop so that one can identify spambots? I have other websites elsewhere on shared servers where I'm able to access server logs, so why not shopify?

/admin/activity does not identify the problem IP addresses.

I wouldn't mind seeing the logs so I can identify problem IPs to be able to block them. Is it possible to block IPs in Shopify without using an app?

0 Likes
Tourist
17 0 2

Al,

You can install the IP Log app in the Shopify store to see the incoming IP address of site visitors.  It's $9 / month, but you can at least find those IP addresses.  Also good for resolving click fraud, which is why I installed it.  I wish it linked directly to whois information, but the author said he would try to work that in, in the future.

0 Likes
1 0 0
Hello, I got this message from enabling my Facebook shop and noticed that I can't access my web log files. Also the pixel connected is no more really working as the event data sources.
"500 Internal Server Error If you are the administrator of this website, then please read this web application's log file and/or the web server's log file to find out what went wrong." That's the message

Please help

0 Likes
1 0 0

PLEASE HELP ME . I AM HAVING ISSUE CREATING MY STORE. IT IS BUGGING

0 Likes