Set Different prices for different customers

DDM
Visitor
2 0 5

Hello,

I am looking for a way (or an app) that will allow me to set different prices for different type of custommers. I would like to find a way that allows me to set fixed prices and not discount percentages.  For example:

when a Group A client logs in:

Price for item "X": 12,5€

Price for item "Z": 7,9€

when a Group B client logs in:

Price for item "X": 7,5€

Price for item "Z": 15,3€

The percentage discounts isn't working for me as I need specific prices per customers on specific items.

If anyone knows a tool or a way to solve this problem, I will be for ever thankfull.

Replies 50 (50)

Ann456
Shopify Staff
516 0 119

Hey, there, 

I'm Ann, from the team here at Shopify 🙂

There are a few apps in our App Store that can help you with this! Take a look at them here: 

All these apps will let you set up different discounts for different customers, and they are listed based off of their ratings. They also offer free trials, so you can test them out to see which one will work best for you. 

It's good to keep in mind that these apps are third party apps, meaning that they weren't created by Shopify. If you have any questions about their features, how they work, or how to get them set up in your store, your best bet will be to reach out to the app developers. You can see their contact information directly on their apps page. 

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us on this thread 🙂 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

CANVASRACK
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,

Is there an option to let the customers choose how much they want to pay? Like a bid or set your price feature.

Steve1965
Tourist
8 0 4

There is a FREE App that will allow you to do this and more 100% FREE

https://apps.shopify.com/ymq-b2b-wholesale-solution

KarthikRames
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

I've tried it - the support was great thanks 🙂

Talv
Visitor
1 0 1

In 2024, is there now a better solution to this? 

TIG
Visitor
1 0 1

I'm asking the same question here 2024, did you find any solutions?

Tanyas8295
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi, 

I am struggling with the same issue. All the apps seem to be offering discount percentages only. Were you able to figure a way out?

Thatisash
Shopify Expert
89 0 7
Only an app can help you out in this situation. As the existing app is not working you need to develop a public one. Would you like to discuss more about it?
Ash Ome
Founder/CEO

Motif - Helping lifestyle eCommerce businesses with right strategies to grow them faster.
smilo998
Tourist
4 0 28

Shopify could add this extremely basic and mundane feature to the standard software package. It is absurd that there are three apps that don't even solve this basic feature demand....

CoreyKcK
Shopify Partner
3 0 7

I completely agree with that, it's a basic e-commerce functionality and all they do is suggest to use apps (39.99 $/month).

I'm trying to understand how to develop this feature but is not clear how to change the price according to the customer tag.

The price must be clear from the product list through the entire flow until payment and invoice and discounts are not enough. 

Regards

pablo-soler
Shopify Partner
5 0 4

Hi! I have the same problem. I'm trying to find a way to replace apps like this https://apps.shopify.com/wholesale-all-in-one as I have to set up multiple stores with this functionality and it would be very expensive.

Is there a way to use product metafields with different prices depending on the user tag and display them in checkout too? I know how to display them on the page but I don't know how to get them to be recognized as a product price at checkout.

Ex: if customer.tags contains "vip" {{product.metafileds.prices.vip}} else {{product.price}}

We use shopify plus. I have access to the scripts but I have so much experience with it, at the moment I don't see it possible.

smilo998
Tourist
4 0 28

It's as if, by forcing the user to understand liquid and html, Shopify are outsourcing the development of their own application to the customers. Nice business model.
Saves on doing actual product development whilst cashing in on the customers as are forums like this where customers find solutions to problems that the software supplier should. How very disruptive....to customers businesses.  

Shopworks
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hi,

We have the same issue but I think we found a solution. We are currently testing it for some basic problems. Discounts for product or.customer groups based on tags. After that we will try customer product 1 om 1 discounts.

And you could of course manage the basics in Shopify plus with scripts and liquid based on the tags for example customer group tag "XXL|05" you could automatically discount 5 percent. Or "XXL|pgroupB|10" or for customer group XXL gets a 10% discount on product group B. 

If you are interested I could share the script for that. 

Te other thing we are testing is more manageable, rules can be setup by everybody. If this works how much would you pay for something like that? 

timkohlen
Visitor
1 0 1

This is a primary requirement for our business. Does anybody have a solution for this? 

SagarP
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

I use Debut but it can be done in most themes. PS I am based in Canada.

SP24
ewomarket
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi @SagarP ,

I am interested in your solution. We can discuss it in detail if you want and have time.
Please contact me at ewomarket@gmail.com

Best regards

Marian

Pgt
Visitor
1 0 0

Can you share the script for me?

CoreyKcK
Shopify Partner
3 0 7

I'm trying to do that:

insert 2 different products 1 for customertype1 and another for customertype2; use Liquid to remove product following the correct customertype and align inventory level of the other when a product is buyed using webhooks and API, but..... https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-apis-and-sdks/webhook-inventory-level-update-wrong-data/m-p/...

Maidtn
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi, can you share me the script

VesnaLashes
Tourist
5 0 1

Can we just use tags to do this or we need to change the source code? thank you 

Kabasan
Visitor
1 0 0

Could I get the script for that?

tiktoktek-kev
Tourist
7 0 1

Forgive me if this is a stupid suggestion for this topic but what about adding variants for each customer group and trust that the customers would select the correct variant option. They'll still see all the variants unfortunately but at least it's a start, then the "some sort of app" part would be something to look in to while you've at least got the variants available at their different prices or other variables. 

For example -   Batteries:   2x, 3x 

Countries:  US, UK, SA 

Variations of Variants

2x / US

2x / UK

2x / SA

3x / US

3x / UK

3x / SA

149.90 USD

149.90 USD

179.90 USD

169.90 USD

169.90 USD

199.90 USD

You would need to work out each item in one standard currency but from the customers point of view, depending on which country they're visiting your store from, the GEO location app (FREE) would convert their shopping experience to whatever their currency is except for the last step in checkout which would be the standard base set currency of your store??

Hope you don't mind but here's a link to our store for you to see it in action for one of our not so usual products.

I hope this is relevant to what your looking for and that it could help.

https://tiktoktek.shop/products/4drc-f8-drone

Kevin

moedrj
Visitor
2 0 0

@tiktoktek-kev its not a bad solution, but i woldnt want my retail customer seeing my  wholesale pricing. two diiferent types of business models.

Rachiepoopa
Tourist
4 0 0

I'm having the same issue. Did you ever find an app that did this?

SagarP
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

I was looking for apps but everything was either not to the point where I needed or had privacy concerns, plus monthly charges. It took me almost 2 months constant looking on web for me to learn the code and fix it myself. I enjoyed it plus I don't pay anything monthly to anyone. Its a huge help for a startup seller.

SP24
Amincohopn
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello SagarP, we are facing this exact issue with our Shopify.  We want to setup a B2B Customer login where we set the tier level price to their login account, when they log in they only see their tier price.  Please contact me at netops@amincousa.com to share how you done your site and see if it can work for us.  My name is Hop Nguyen, Thank you!

simpletechllc
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hello SagarP,

I would be very interested in learning how you did this. We are working on a project now were we want to do B2B wholesale, which I think we can do with Shopify Plus and Price Lists, but we walt need to over specific pricing to certain customer levels (i.e. Friends, Family).

Please let me know you can provide any guidance for me.

Best,

Ryan

ryan@simpletechllc.com

Shopworks
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hi Ryan,

If you only have percentage discounts per customer(group) then you could try the following. We tagged customergroups with tags like family-15 or friends-25 where the number is the percentage discount. With scripts (Python) you can fetch the customer in the cart object and the tags assigned to that customer(group). Within your theme you can calculate the price with javascript. 

This is not a very elegant way but it worked for us if you want something out-of-the-box for shopify plus. Beware, don't use to many tags otherwise scripts cannot manage the load with allot of products.

The more elegant way is to fetch customer pricing from a external source (MongoDb, Airtable <- depends on the amount of products and clients of course) and just before adding the products to the cart you create a new product with the price for that specific customer. I never did this but i believe you can only create new products trough the API, so you need a bit of programming to solve this. 

Hope this helps, customer specific pricing is always challenging.

ogeid
Shopify Partner
68 0 22

Hello SagarP, Can you elaborate on your solution. Thanks.

D.E.W. L.A. - Web Design
https://dew.la
cathyho
Shopify Partner
12 0 1

Hi SagarP,

Would you be able to share the code with me please? We've been trying to do the same thing without the use of any apps.

Thank you.

Christina26
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi SagarP, 

Can you help me with this issue? We are need a B2B website with both Can & US Set pricing

Thanks

dferrin
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

I'm late to this party... but @SagarP can I set up a time to meet with you and discuss your solution? We are in desperate need of this.

Rachiepoopa
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi,

Did you ever find an app that did this? 

Thank you!,

PublicApps
Shopify Partner
146 5 34

You could create multiple products, or multiple variants (max. 100) for a single product, and display only those with the matching prices to the specific customer groups.

You need some coding/to create an app to match products/variants to customers.

Also, technically all customers would be able to checkout all products. But you would hide products that may not be seen by some customers from them.

Public Apps | Theme customization & App development
 - Was my reply useful? Like it to let me know!
 - Did I answer your question? Please mark as Accepted Solution.
 - Need more help? Contact us.

MeltemSarac
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi everyone,

This is what I`m looking for as well. 

Rather than customer groups applied some discounts, I would like to import my customer list regarding to their own quotation. It is to say that each customer imported and tagged as internal customer will see specific different pricing. Also, each customer does not have same discount rate for each product. 

I couldn`t find a solution yet. 

Thanks

Adamaze
Visitor
1 0 11

Still no solution to this? its almost 2022 to a 2018 queston

SagarP
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Hi, I am not sure if you are still looking for a solution but I had same issue but worked out a way by editing theme codes and have been operating wholesale/retail website since 1 year without any issues. Let me know if you need assistance setting it up.

SP24
LeahF
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Can you share the code? I am looking for a similar solution. I would a different price to appear for customers tagged 'wholesale'.

Thank you in advance.

Ccik
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi @SagarP hope you are doing great! I would love to know how you achieved this to set up the wholesale / retail website. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Please contact me at ccik.cortes@gmail.com

BeccaJB
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi @SagarP, I am interested in this as well. Can you contact me at becca@juneandblue.com ? Thank you!! 

nadermousa
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm interested. can you please share how did you resolve this without apps? 

AndyAnderson
Shopify Partner
1 0 1

*Replying (for the group)*

I have the same issue, but as I began poking around with discounts, it appears there's an existing workaround already available without any code changes. If I'm setting this up correctly, I can create a discount code as you normally would, but then there's an option to have it apply to all customers, specific segments, or specific customers.

Screen Shot 2023-01-23 at 7.41.20 PM.png

Wouldn't this solve this discussion's issue? Or maybe you have all figured that out already, and I'm late to the game.

dagoodretail
Tourist
3 0 3

no it wouldn't as it's only works with a discount code.

ideally, after a wholesale customer logged in - he would see his special prices straight away on the product page. it could work better if we could choose specific customers when ticking the automatic discount, but still - a bit late news as wholesaler would only see it when checkout.

is there any solution without coding as of now guys?

dagoodretail
Tourist
3 0 3

here's funny idea. duplicate the site on a new domain with for example a wholesale word to it. put a link. change the prices.

what do you think? where am i wrong here?

lwalsh1
Visitor
1 0 2

Doesn't solve the problem for a few reasons:

1. Inventory management

2. If you have multiple customer tiers, you would need loads of different sites

3. Cost for having multiple sites

4. Time updating all the sites when products changes, new products

The simple solution is for Shopify just to code it in, but they don't want to, as they want people to pay £££ for ShopifyPlus

VesnaLashes
Tourist
5 0 1

But as I understand Shopify Plus doesnt solve this issue either. IS there a platform that does?

xSeanx
Shopify Partner
11 0 1

I'd be very interested in any help that you could provide. Having B2B customers wait for a code to login is silly.

VesnaLashes
Tourist
5 0 1

The discounts you are talking about must be used at the time of checkout and at that point only one discount can be used by client. So if you have a collection where they would have 20%discount and other collection when they have 10 % discount and then some items with differebt forms of promotions, it is impossible to apply all that to that segment of clients or generate discount code that would let you deal with this issue. I am certain all the people asking about this issue are well aware of automatic discounts and promotions. It is an easy fix from Shopify but they choose to ignore it, 

Aja3
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello everyone, 

I am also interested to find a way to add different prices for my new/not registered clients and my already registered clients. Did you find a solution on how to do it?