Set up redirection of our domain name based on the customer's IP address or based on location

2 0 0

We are currently operating with 3 different Shopify stores (AU/INT/North American) as we have different fixed product prices depending on currency. 

However, when you search our store name these three different websites/domain all come up as options - which is confusing for our customers. We would like a way that automatically redirects the customer to the relevant domain once their location is detected through their IP address.

Instead of having three different domains, we've seen other websites using Shopify that redirects with an aus prefix. How can we set this up?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
2362 163 339

Hi @em_123,

Nick here from Shopify. Really good question! 

Can you link one of the websites using the aus prefix as an example and I can look into it more for you please? I'm wondering if they had it custom made by a Shopify expert. It could be worth reaching out to an expert (Shopify Expert directory for custom domains) to see if this is something they would do. I'm aware of what it is, but wouldn't be 100% sure on how to get it set up personally. 

Something else you could look into is using a Geolocation redirect app from the Shopify App Store. You can see some of the most popular geolocation apps below:

Hopefully, this helps and points you in the right direction for the best next steps!

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your reply.

An example of a website with the aus. prefix is: https://aus.moanabikini.com/

Thank you for the other suggestions. If using one of these apps, do we require multiple Shopify stores for each location?

Look forward to hearing from you!

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2362 163 339

No problem at all @em_123.

I think that's what these apps were made for in terms of sending people to a specific website based on the store location. I'm wondering if they can be used to send people to specific pages within one store also though. This is something that would be best answered by the app developers themselves as they would know best on each of their own apps. The contact details of each app developer are on the right-hand side of the app description in the Shopify app store. 

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes