Setting a Sale - Help plz!!

Tourist
7 0 2

Hello,

I really like for things to be automated in my store, and I like that I can set automatic discounts. I have set up an automated discount but the products I have the discount on do not show up as a sale. Do I have to manually adjust the price on everything and have a compare to price in order for it to show as a sale? This seems very time-consuming. Does anyone know why the automatic discount code won't appear as a sale on the product, or if there is an efficient workaround for this?

Thank you!!!

Scott

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
266 19 36

Hi, @Canny_Scott.

Tira here, from Shopify Support.

This is a great question!

Our automatic discount feature has been set-up so that it applies the discount on a product automatically at checkout when conditions of the discount are met and is does not include a sales tag on the product. You can read more about setting up an automatic discount in our help doc, here: Creating automatic discounts.

If you want to show a sales tag on your products, you will need to update each product with a compare at price, to indicate the product is on sale to your customers. You can do this in bulk by following these steps:

- Login to your Shopify admin

- Click on Products

- Click on the check box on the very left to select all of your products, or you can check the boxes next to the products you want to edit

- Click on Edit Products

- Click on Add fields then click on "Compare at Price" to add this column to the bulk editor

- Add your prices into the column for each product

You can learn more about the bulk editor in our help doc here: Bulk editing products

Let me know if that helps!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes