Setting up G Suite for email

Highlighted
Excursionist
29 0 11

I am trying to set up the ability to respond to emails that are sent to my store, without using my personal email as the responder

I am on G Suite now and they want me to input this code.

Copy and paste the meta tag into your home page at XXXXXXX. Place the meta tag in the <head> section and before the <body> section of your homepage.

<meta name="google-site-verification" content="R8vj0dClBbcqQFVIF29JxTrJT0iW4KPS7fK5Zd_Dq78" />

Where exactly do I place this?

Thank You for any input on this

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1110 108 280

Hey there, Dan!

Bo here from Shopify Support.

That is a really great question. When meta tags are added to a store they need to be inputted between <head> and </head> in order for them to be read by the third party that is trying to verify ownership on the site.

• What you will need to do is go to Online Store > Actions > Edit Code.
  • Open theme.liquid.
  • Find the <head> tag, this generally would be within the first 10 lines of code.
  • Paste the meta tag anywhere after <head> but before </head>.
  • Click Save.

You will now be able to verify ownership of your domain with GSuite. Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help

All the Best,
Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
29 0 11

Thanks for the input

Didnt have to do any of that...found an easier way that took 5 minutes, and then  about 10 hours to propagate and now it works fine

youtube vids are your friend!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rleXdWeNw60

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey Bo! 

I just tried this step to verify my GSuite email account, and after following these steps it said "We were unable to detect the meta tag on your homepage. Check the meta tag in your HTML file and try again." I haven't picked out a plan yet is that the reason being? This is so frustrating I've been trying to verify my email for the longest and nothing is working...

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I just watched this video and It worked!! I was super excited when shopfiy said its been verified, but when I actually went back to g suite to verify it it said ERROR AGAIN! so I don't know at this point anymore what to do.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey Bo,

I have just set up my G Suite as well, however when I tried to enter the Meta Tag after <head> in the theme.liquid section and it wasn't working, so I then entered the tag ender the <head> in the password.them section and that seemed to work to verify the ownership. Is this ok to do or does it have to be under the them.liquid section? 
I am a bit concerned, because I tried to send myself a test email and it didn't work...

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

that's the only way I could get it to work too!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

I am struggling with G Suite Domain verification.

I followed the steps you provided previously:

• Online Store > Actions > Edit Code.
  • Open theme.liquid.
  • Find the <head> tag, this generally would be within the first 10 lines of code.
  • Paste the meta tag anywhere after <head> but before </head>.
  • Click Save.

In my account, the modifications are seen obviously, but when I visit my site and click the right button and look in the HTML code it is not seen, as G Suit also says it is not seen, it cannot verify my domain. What could go wrong? Does it take some time until meta tags refresh data? How can I fix it? 

Thanks for your kind answer.

Best regards,

Edina

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1110 108 280

Hey there, @up2 

Apologies for the delay, I was out of the office and I am only seeing this now. The reason that it would work in this way is that your password page is still active. In order for Google to read your page and find the meta tag, the password page needs to be disabled. If you have since disabled your password page I would recommend now adding the meta tag to the theme.liquid again. 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes