Setting up Login\Registration page prior to Home Page?

kepico
5 0 0

Hello, I am setting up a Shopify store and was wondering if this is possible; I would like to setup a Password Login\Registration page before a customer gets to the main home page itself.

Kind of how Shopify uses the "password page" prior to opening of the store, but I think? it is no longer there once I "open the store"? I guess that is called a landing page. But all I need to do with it is setup the login\registration along with my registration terms. 

So, 

Login and or Registration Page -> successful login to my themes home page OR registration to a customized registration page to agree to terms and then registration creation.

The thing is I installed the EasyLockdown app that locks certain parts of my site (or the whole site) without appropriate login. 

I think there might be two ways to do something like this;

1. I was wondering if I could setup a page that EasyLockdown does not lock (my login\registration pages) and then lock the rest. But this would mean I have to use a different page as my "home" page I think as Shopify defaults the login at your "homepage"?

2. If I cannot add another first page, and the login defaults to my home page is there a way to hide that main menu for just that page? My issue would be that people can see my menu even if they don't have access to it) by logging in on that home page.

Any help is very appreciated!

0 Likes
Alex23
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
523 1 104

Hey there!

My name is Alex, I'm a guru here at Shopify!

Understood!  We do usually recommend access apps like Easylockdown or Locksmith if you have specific parts of your store that you'd like to hide, but if you're interested in having your customers sign in as the first step upon visiting your shop, that's actually something that you can accomplish without use of an app!  We've a guide right here on how to do so; there is some coding required, but the guide is very step-by-step.  If that's your only requirement for restricting access, it's likely that you won't require the app at all!

As that's a third party app, developed outside Shopify, I'm afraid that I couldn't say how it would be affected once you've got this function in place; if you find you still need to use the app and making your store members-only has affected how that app works for you, I'd recommend reaching out to the app devs for help, they can be reached via the app page that I've linked above!

Hope that's helped!  Please feel free to give us a call or start a live chat at any time, we're open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to assist!

Cheers,

Alex | Shopify Guru

0 Likes
kepico
5 0 0

Yes, I have seen that page "How to make your store Members Only" and pretty much thats what those apps do as well.

But a bit of a misunderstanding, I know I can make it members only and thats fine but what I was asking is;

When a customer logs on the actual log in page it is on the "Home Page" I was looking for a way to have customers login on a page PRIOR TO the Home Page (so they cannot see my menu etc)

Just a blank page with the login\registration, thats it - so it would basically look like the Shopify "Password page". I wasnt sure if thats possible?

0 Likes
harshillllllll
Tourist
15 0 3

Hi, did you get the solution for this problem? if you have, please help me, i am stuck at the same point. 

0 Likes
harshillllllll
Tourist
15 0 3

Never mind, got the solution.

0 Likes
ajit-dev
1 0 0

can you plaese help me with  as m also stuck at the same point

0 Likes
Julioegon
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi @harshillllllll ,

Could you guide me with your solution, it would be very helpful.

Thanks!

0 Likes
harshillllllll
Tourist
15 0 3

@Julioegon wrote:

Hi @harshillllllll ,

Could you guide me with your solution, it would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Hi, 

We manually authorize our customer and then approve them so that they can be our customer. For that, we found this app called 'advanced registration by talon Commerce'. We have been using this app over a year now and its worth to use as this solves our requirement. Hope that helps you too. 

0 Likes
harshillllllll
Tourist
15 0 3

@ajit-dev  Sorry I missed your message. 

We manually authorize our customer and then approve them so that they can be our customer. For that, we found this app called 'advanced registration by talon Commerce'. We have been using this app over a year now and its worth to use as this solves our requirement. Hope that helps you too. 

Julioegon
Tourist
3 0 0

Thanks for your quick answer!

0 Likes