Setting up a label template for Stocky using Dymo 450

Mrobbins
1 0 1

I am setting up a label template for the first time and the Stocky instructions do not match the Dymo software.  I would like to print labels directly from my Stocky purchase orders using the Shopify fields.  My Dymo software does not allow for a Reference Name section.  I've tried creating a spreadsheet and importing the fields and then the printer only prints the field names for each lable rather than populating with the corresponsding field data from the Stocky purchase orders. 

This information is out of date or incorrect. 

1. In the Dymo Label Printing software, right-click a text field and then select Properties.
  2. Select the Advanced tab.
  3. In the Reference name section, choose and enter a name from the approved list of text field names.
  4. Click OK to save the information.
  5. Save the label to your computer.
  6. Upload the label to Stocky by clicking Preferences, and then Dymo.
Inkwell
3 0 0

Hello Mrobbins - The trick is you need to adjust the properties for each text or barcode field that you create in the DYMO software. If you want Price, Title and Barcode on the label, you have to have two text boxes and barcode box added to the template you are making. Then adjust the advanced properties of each to the Stocky specs. ("price" "product_title" "barcode" in my example). Save the template, and upload to Stocky.  See how the label I built in DYMO looks in the image below. Hope that helps! 

Screen Shot 2021-05-22 at 3.26.48 PM.png

0 Likes
jeantherapy
1 0 0

When I type "barcode" in advanced settings, the only thing that prints is the barcode number, not the barcode itself. What am I missing here?

0 Likes
Inkwell
3 0 0

I am not sure, but I do know that the barcode will not print if your label is too small. I tried to put too much information on my label and the barcode printed blank.

I also generate the barcodes in the Shopify barcode app Retail Barcode Labels. 

Hope that helps!

0 Likes