Settings > General Tab [Not Updating/Stuck]

Highlighted
2 0 0

Can't seem to update any settings on the Settings > General Tab.

Anyone else having the same problem? Have tried logging out all accounts then log in to update and it just gets stuck, left it for an hour and still the same.

Wanted to update the Best Currency Converter, as instructions are for that tagline to be updated before it can work, the currency stays the same when I switch through the different currencies. It wasn't just that app though, all other details on the Settings > General Tab also gets stuck when I press "save"

Hope someone can advise! (first timer here).

Thank you. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
405 51 66

Hey, @IlyaS_

Helen here from Shopify Support. Welcome to the Community!

Are you still experiencing this issue?

If you are still not able to save your updated account settings, please try clearing the cache on your browser, and use Google Chrome if you can.

Let me know if this helps or not, and we can proceed with further troubleshooting steps if needed.

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hi there,

No unfortunately, that didnt work.
I can't even allow access for grizzly to fix the issue, same stuck issue.
It just doesn't successfully load.

Any ideas please?

Thank you.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
405 51 66

Hi, @IlyaS_!

Thanks for letting me know. The next troubleshooting step to try, is to see if it makes a difference on another device. Do you have another computer that you can try updating your account settings on?

I would also like to test it out from my end to further determine where the issue is stemming from, so I am sending you an email to facilitate this. Keep an eye out for it!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
38 0 3

Hi Helen,

I closed that account and created a new one called MedsyCare and it still doesn't update anything on the General Tab.

I have cleared all my cache also. I saw your email to get access, even after clicking allow access for you, it gets stuck.

Not sure what is going on here..

I want to update the currency to USD.

Await your response?

Thank you. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
I had the same issues with it getting stuck on my laptop but then when I logged into a different computer, my desktop, the information updated immediately. I’m not sure why this happens, but I have had other programs do this to me meaning what doesn’t work on one computer will work on another.
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm facing the same issue. When I'm trying to update the general settings, specifically customer email and address (although I don't think it's a field specific issue). It gets stuck and does not update. Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
38 0 3
Try a different network (like mobile data from your phone) it works sometimes but doesn’t work for everything unfortunately. I hope this gets fixed..
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
405 51 66

Hello, @MedsyCare , @leerelocating and @Jacqui13

Thanks for reaching out. Are you still experiencing issues with updating your account settings? 

I am not able to replicate the issue on my end, and so from what you are describing, the issue appears to be local to your device, browser or internet connection. Therefore, in addition to clearing your browser cache, and trying another device, please also try these troubleshooting steps:

Let me know how it goes!

0 Likes