Setup Minimum order dollar amounts for different countries

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi,

how can I setup different minimum order dollar amounts for different countries. For example, if you are buying from Italy, your minimum order amount is 100 $ and if you are buying from Germany you minimum order amount is 150$.

Thanks 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
469 58 118

Hey, Procro!

My name is Lizzy. I'm one of the Gurus on the support team at Shopify.

Using the standard features in the Shopify admin, you could set up this type of restriction by adjusting your shipping rules. Using a combination of price based rates and shipping zones, you can only create rules for orders above $100 for addresses in Italy or $150 for those in Germany, for example. If there is no shipping rule that applies to a customer's order, they won't be able to complete the checkout. This means that they won't be able to purchase if there are not shipping rules for orders below $100/$150 for their address. Of course, this method will depend on your current shipping set up. This section of our Help Center explains how to set up price based shipping rates.

Alternatively, you could use an application to create order minimums. Order Limits (MinMaxify) gives you the option to limit orders based on several factors, one of which is customer tags. This means that you could tag customers based on their location, and apply minimums based on that. Another app with similar functionality is OrderLogic ‑ Min & Max Limits. This one also has restraint abilities based on tags, as well as several other options.

With both of these apps, it might be worth reaching out to the developer to discuss what options they have in terms of limiting orders based on location beyond using customer tags. This will also give you an idea of their support, which may help in choosing the best option for your business!

Do you plan on offering products to certain locations without an order minimum, or will all of your shipping locations require a minimum spend? I also wanted to ask how you're planning on informing your customers about the limit. As this may factor into what the best solution ends up being.

Please let me know if you have any questions about what I've said!

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
66 0 0

Hi, set the desired minimum and maximum limitation order feature to force customers to order in specific quantities. The store customer must fill the requirements of the minimum order before checking out. The Shopify product minimum quantity app increase store sales by creating an even or odd series. The app user-friendly interface providing an excellent experience for customers. Hide-Price-Add-to-Cart-for-unregistered-users.png

0 Likes