Shipping Address

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi,

I am working on creating a new store. I am trying to set up my shipping and it is telling me "This address couldn’t be verified. This might affect shipping rates shown at checkout". 

Under my shipping zones it says "Shipping rates shown to customers at checkout might be inaccurate and you could have trouble buying shipping labels for your orders."

Help. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3078 232 506

Hi Cheri, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

Did you verify/ add your address to Google yet? If not this could be what's causing this here. Google has a helpful guide on reporting an error on a map which you might find useful here and also the guide for how to add a missing place to the map here. If you have already done this and everything seems ok there, not to worry, just reply to me in the thread here and we can take a closer look as to what's going on and why this could be happening. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Nick,

Thank you for the quick response.

I am new to all this and I really do not understand. Why do I need to verify my address with Google Maps? My business does not have a physical store that customers can visit, only a residential address that I ship from. I don't want my residential address displayed to the public. Do I still need to have my address verified?

Thanks,

Cheri

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3078 232 506

Hi Cheri, 

No problem at all. 

The reason you would need to verify an address with Google Maps is so they can recognize your business, that could affect things such as shipping for example, but I completely understand your concern about having your residential address displayed anywhere also. The main culprits of an address not being verified are:

• 9 Digit zip codes are not usable, the ZIP has to be in 5 digit format.
  • "Post Office" or another term for this won't work; the prefix must be "PO Box"

I'm guessing it isn't the second one if you are using a residential address. If neither of those seems to be what could be causing this, would you be able to reach out to our support team directly about this from the link here, please? Someone will be able to look into this with you in real time to help find the root of the problem. It's difficult to find out what exactly is going on without looking at it from the back end of the admin and by going through it with someone on the support team, it could help identify this as fast as possible. 

All the best, Nick 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Nick.

I seem to be having the same problem of Address Verification  although I have verified that it exists on google maps. Please help as we cannot set up our shipping rates.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

As per this thread : https://community.shopify.com/c/Payments-Shipping-Fulfillment/Can-t-print-a-shipping-label-due-to-un...

It says its only a warning that the address is not written exactly the same as on google maps. To be noted that zip codes on google maps are not accurate. If it says a postal code on a known carrier's website and a different one on google maps, it is a better to trust the one mentioned on the carrier's website.

Hopes this helps everyone. 

I was able to print my shipping label successfully and the warning was because the zip code differed on google maps.

0 Likes