Shipping Confirmation Emails

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 0

tried looking just about everywhere,on how to send automatic Shipping Confirmation Emails (Fulfilment Emails with Tracking) to my customers but cant seem to find out how to switch that on. Can someone help. 

Already shipped out all items with tracking today but none of my customers got emails for them. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3395 253 613

Hi @joviandamien ,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Great question. When you set up automatic fulfillment there should be a box to tick with different options about your fulfillment and one of them is asking you about notifying your customers that the order has been fulfilled and that it is being shipped. To configure your shipping settings you can take the following steps:

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
2 0 1

I fulfilled my first few orders without realising that I hadn't ticked for shopify to automatically notify my customers.

I have now selected this option moving forward.

How do I send the shipping confirmation email to the customers that I already have.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3395 253 613

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Blake6,

No problem at all, you can re-send the shipping email to your customers should you wish, you will need to do it manually one by one though. You can do this by going into the order in question and click the Add Tracking tab seen below:

20-01-3nv0k-87v1i

Once you click the Add Tracking tab, you will see some new options open up where you will once again see the box to tick to send the shipping notification to the customer. Once you tick the box and click save it will either re-send or send the shipping email confirmation to the customer. You can see what this looks like from the screenshot below:

20-01-hudg8-lqsyr

Any other questions, just let me know. 

Highlighted
2 0 1

Worked perfectly thanks!

@Nick wrote:

Hi @Blake6,

No problem at all, you can re-send the shipping email to your customers should you wish, you will need to do it manually one by one though. You can do this by going into the order in question and click the Add Tracking tab seen below:

20-01-3nv0k-87v1i

Once you click the Add Tracking tab, you will see some new options open up where you will once again see the box to tick to send the shipping notification to the customer. Once you tick the box and click save it will either re-send or send the shipping email confirmation to the customer. You can see what this looks like from the screenshot below:

20-01-hudg8-lqsyr

Any other questions, just let me know. 

Highlighted
2 0 0

Nick,  please help me today if you can.  We're doing emergency food ordering and pick up.  But the confirmation email being sent is not the one I've edited in our Settings "confirmation Email".  So our customers don't know where to pick up their food boxes.  I've not set up auto fulfillment since we'll fulfill when we give the food to the customer.  What is the email template sent to customers for unfulfilled orders?  Thank you!!  Sue Beckwith Texas Center for Local Food.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3395 253 613

Hi @TexasLocalFood, Sue, 

An email will be sent when a customer makes an order and then once the order is fulfilled. There wouldn't be a way to send one in between. Shopify has a help guide going into some detail about new order notifications which you can see here. Is this what you're looking for? 

Is the pick up place the same place every day for your customers? If so, I'm wondering if an announcement bar could do the trick for you here. It would be displayed in your theme at the top notifying anyone who is picking a product up where to do so. You can see some of the announcement bar apps from the Shopify App Store below: 

Let me know if you think this could work for you. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thank you Nick.  It seems the problem was the "if" shipping statement in the email code.. I'm no good at HTML5 but I found a way to include the pick up details in the confirmation email code.  So now the customers get the info,  I am not fulfilling until pickup day which is, for now, one day a week at various times.. Customers pick the time as if it were size or color.  https://texas-local-food-store.myshopify.com/

We are doing veggie box pickups to support farmers who were wholesale and are *quickly* pivoting to retail (We're in full harvest mode here in TX).  It's working very well in general.  But I see we can't get the "pick up" delivery option since we don't use Shopify POS.. that's a bummer and maybe I'll sign up for POS just so I can get the pick up option.  

I sure would love to be communicating with customers ahead of their pickup day.. for example to send them pix of their beautiful veggie boxes that are being readied for pickup.. and even harvested by the farmers.  Doesn't seem possible in Shopify.  Would help get folks excited about local food and how local farms can support resilience.  We could be a Shopify poster child :)

Appreciate you!

Sue

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Nick, 

I have a similar issue but the difference is I already added the tracking information however automatic email notifications were not turned on. I have since turned it on but how do I go back and send emails to the customers for the orders that are already fulfilled?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3395 253 613

Hi @md3,

If this has happened and is the scenario then can you try the steps I explained above where it is the Accepted Solution and see if that works for you please? Let me know. 

0 Likes