Shipping Confirmation email Not Being Sent

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
7 2 0

we have some items that are fulfilled by a third party (OGO). Once they have sent out the order, the order status in Shopify changes to fulfilled but customers are not receiving the email with tracking number etc.

In the setting it says that this email is sent automatically to the customer when their order is fulfilled (if you select this option) but I can't see where I'm supposed to select the option.

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 2 0

I've contacted OGO in case this is something they need to trigger on their end but I'd still like to know from somebody why this isn't working.

Can anybody offer any guidance?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 2 0

This is an accepted solution.

After scouring OGO's website, I found that sending a confirmation email to the customer with tracking info etc is something they are working on and will be available soon

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello,

Hope you have found a solution for this. I just wanted to answer this for the benefit of others with similar issues.

If you are using USPS, UPS, FedEx or Canada Post, you can use Shopify to send the tracking emails. Shopify will send "Order Confirmed", "Order Shipped", "Out for delivery" and "Shipment Delivered" emails to your customers once the order is fulfilled. 

For other carriers, you will have to use an app like Shipment Tracking & Notify app, which will help you send tracking notifications to your customers. The app also allows you to have an integrated tracking lookup page, from where your customers can track their orders.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Shopify has a dedicated setting for sending emails. The delivery emails are optional and can be enabled from Settings --> Notifications --> Delivery. I have attached a screenshot to show you this.

Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 4.40.57 PM.png

Also, if somehow the carrier recognised by Shopify is not correct that means your third party app may have not be sending the carrier name along with the tracking info. For such cases, you can try the Multi Carrier Shipping label app.

0 Likes