Shipping Cost

Nlimit19
1 0 0

Hello group.

I have been using Shopify for a couple of years now and now that we are shipping products more and more and notice that our shipping cost is high!  

I noticed that if I was to simply walk into a UPS store that the cost is much better than shipping from within Shopify.

Does anyone have some insight on this?  

Thank you in advance!

0 Likes
saivismitha
Shopify Partner
137 7 29

Hello @Nlimit19,

One of the easiest ways to control sources of the shipping cost for UPS is to minimize the impact of dimensional billing.

Dimensional billing is the practice of taking the dimensions of the package to determine the volume, dividing the volume by a factor, and creating a dimensional “weight.” The heavier of either the actual or dimensional weight is then used to determine the charge for a package.

The pricing zone charts of UPS can be misleading. When the shipment is small or going a shorter distance, instead of the listed rate in the zone chart, a minimum shipping charge is
used.

To really save more money on UPS shipping charges, however, the key is to increase the amount of parcel shipping across all services and zones. UPS offers tiered discounts based on the total amount a company spends.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes