Shipping Delays Due to Vacation

4 0 0

I am going away for a week soon but I do not want to close or pause my store. I would prefer to have notifications somehow on the website and on order confirmation emails that shipping will be delayed a week. Is there an app or easy way to do this?

Thanks,

Gary

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
203 12 30

Hi, Gary! 

This is Ren from the Shopify support team and I can help with some suggestions here. There are a number of ways to convey this message to your customers that include adding a message to your store announcement banner (if this is a feature of your theme), adding a note during the checkout process, editing your email notifications and using a pop-up notification app. 

The first option, as mentioned, can be an announcement banner. They are commonly found in the theme editor of most themes, or you can use an app to install a custom banner. The announcement banner is always found at the very top of the page, near the header. Check out the Quick Announcement App to see if these features would be suitable for you.

The next method would be to add a note to your checkout process - which can be done in 2 ways.

1. Make a note above the shipping module: Head into your theme language editor and add the word "shipping" to the filter bar. 23-09-n0zc9-om0pe
Next, scroll down until you find the Shipping Method Notice and add your desired message there. 

23-09-vh0zj-ika5e

This is where your message will appear during the checkout process: 
23-14-bpjes-vew95
2. Add a custom message using some simple code in your Additional Scripts: Head to Settings > Checkout and scroll down until you see the Additional Scripts box. This link explains how to formulate and add the appropriate javascript asset. 

The third option would be to edit your order notification templates which can be found by going to Settings > Notifications. I suggest doing this in addition to any of the steps above since this is one of the last messages a customer sees. Here's our help document for making these changes. 

Finally, we have a nice selection of pop-ups apps to choose from that you can install and customize so anyone that lands on your page will see your message and know to expect a longer wait time for their order fulfillment!

Will you be gearing up for Black Friday Cyber Monday when you return?

Let me know if you have any troubles implementing the suggestion above.

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes