Shipping Options

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello everyone,

I am new at Shopify and wanted to ask if there is an option to do the following, I sale different items of different sizes and weights, if a customer adds one coaster to their cart which weight 4lb or two USPS calculate accurately because is the default package size I have set up for these items which are 4x5" and their weight is almost the same, the problem is when a customer adds a coaster and maybe two cheeseboards which each has a different size one can be 14x14" and the other 9x12" usps calculate the weight and then the size of the default packge which is for the coasters only, there is no option to have multiple packages for larger orders to default to that? it's crazy that usps calculate a 14x14: priority mail to CA for $7.75 it does because it takes the 4X5" default package setup, is there a better way to set shipping to calculate total weight of all items and different sizes? if you go to the post mail they can do it in person but no option for shopify.

Thanks for your help

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
536 31 86

Hey, @raws4581.

Tira here, from Shopify Support.

It sounds like you're looking to have the ability to charge shipping for different dimensional weights at checkout. Is that correct?

Where are you located? You can add multiple package types to your shipping settings if you're located in the United States and Canada. If you are located outside of these countries, then only one default package type can be added. 

Check out our help doc: Packages and shipments for details on supported packaging types, unsupported package types, free packaging materials, common product weights and dimensional weights

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes