Shipping Origin

Highlighted
3 0 0

I was wondering ( I haven't made first sale yet) when a customer receives their product , will my home address and name and phone number be listed on their product? due to the fact that I have an online business of course and do not have an office location and therefore use my home address , cell, and name as my info on Shopify? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
223 43 79

Hi @koero,

Dani here from Shopify. Thanks for writing in!

This will depend on how you are fulfilling your orders. Are you dropshipping your products, or are you shipping them from your house?

If you're dropshipping, then by law the suppliers do have to put their warehouse address as the return address. This is used for customs and duties purposes. However, the suppliers do know that you are dropshipping so they won't include their brand identity within the package.

If you're shipping the products yourself, by default the shipping labels will have your address printed on the return labels if you print your labels through Shopify. To avoid this, you can sign up for a PO box with your local post office. You can then use this address as your mailing address for Shopify. Below is an example of a shipping label that you can print from your admin. As you can see, the shipping origin will be printed in the From section at the bottom of the label.

Another thing to consider is the address listed in your Return policy. If you've used the template generator for this, you'll want to double-check the address listed here. By default, it will pull your business address from your settings. If you don't want this published, you can remove this section of your policy altogether, or edit it to another address such as a PO box.

Have you launched your store yet, or are you still finishing up a few things? As a merchant myself, I know how exciting that first sale will be! Make sure you have the sound turned on on your phone. That first cha-ching alert will be so sweet! Take a look at our marketing checklist to help get that much closer.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

All the best,

Dani

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello Dani,

I have the same problem. I am from Bulgaria, and i want to dropshipping. I am ready with my shop, BUT my problem is with setting up the shipping.

I made a test purchasing by Bogus Gateway using some random USA address from the web, but the message appears on the screen was "This order can't be shipped to your location"

First, i told that maybe i didn't set up correctly my shipping, but also i thing that probably the location is not correct - it is my address in Bulgaria.

I thing that the best way will be to make another picking location and to call it "Warehouse" , but how to set it up, and is it possible?

0 Likes