Shipping Per Piece - Solution or not...? Feedback requested

59 0 0
Hi guys, Its possible that someone may have come up with this solution already but i was thinking about how to best do a shipping per piece. Basically, I want to charge my customer 6.50 for the first piece and 1.50 for each additional piece for a maximum of 5 pieces or so. So the max the customer will pay is 12.50 regardless if its 5 pieces or 10 pieces. I was pondering about it and this may actually work.... Set all product weights to 1 lb. In the shipping menu, the rate for 1 lb is 6.50; 2 lbs is 8.00 3 lbs is 9.50 4 lbs is 11.00 5 lbs is 12.50 And if you have something heavy you have to ship and you want to charge more for that product, set the wegiht to say 50 lbs and define the rate for that product - i.e. 20 bucks. Also, suppose you want to charge something more than 6.50 -= say 8.00 - set that product's weight to 8lbs. What does everyone think? Think it works? I haven't tested it out yet, but i wanted to get your feed back - and if someone else has already posted something on this, i was too lazy to do a search ;) Cheers. Anurag
0 Likes
Tourist
126 0 3

Seems like a good idea to me if it works for you.

It doesn’t address my problem. I stock products, but some items get shipped from the manufacture. If someone orders something that is in stock and the other which is direct from the manufacture I need to charge them differently than ordering two in stock items. I almost need two shipping tables.

-Jared

0 Likes
Tourist
327 0 2

@anurag

I’m pretty sure the shipping weight is never shown to the customer (at least not at the moment!) so the method you describe should work well – unless the Shopify team know otherwise…

Currently using a similar set up for low cost shipping for low weight items; followed by free shipping above a certain number of low weight items; followed by paid shipping for heavier items.

There’s a whole bunch of shipping stuff in the before you ask thread

M

Mike www.anothervision.co.uk
0 Likes
59 0 0

@ Jared

Not sure about something in relation to that there are certain products that you stock but others that are stocked by the manufacturer. I assume that its constant – that is that say product X is always stocked by you, but product Y is always stocked by the mfr?

If that is the case then set all weights of products you stock that is consistent – say set it to 1 lb and define a rate table from 1 to 99 lbs. For products stocked by mfr, set a weight of 100lbs for those products and define a new rate table from 100 lbs and up…

Don’t know if that is the case or whether Product X may be comign from you, and in other cases, Product X maybe coming from the mfr…if this is true then there may be no ideal solution for those scenarios.

I’ll probably try the solution that i proposed but i was wondering if there is an easy way to change the weight for each of my 105 products plus variations?

0 Likes