Shipping Profile

Solved
Tourist
4 0 0

Hello!! My website is almost complete, but I am confused about setting up the shipping policy.  If I am mainly doing dropshipping, wont the merchants be responsible for the shipping and how do I get that set up?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Partner
144 7 22

Hey Debo,

Are you selling products through a drop shipper? 

If so, you'll want to make sure that you have your shipping rates setup on your site to cover the cost of shipping, especially if the drop shipping company you use bills you separately for the shipping cost.  If you don't pass this cost onto the customer either through building the cost into the product price or charging shipping on your site, you're going to be out this money when it comes time to pay your drop shipper's invoice.

I recommend reviewing their shipping policy to see how they charge for shipping, and if possible, try to recreate that set up on your own site to pass the cost onto the customer.

Regards,

Joel.

Co-Founder / CTO @ Intuitive Shipping
Intuitive Shipping | Automate Shipping Profiles
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
233 6 19

Hi @Debo! Gabby here from the Community Engagement team at Spocket.

What dropshipping app are you using? On Spocket, info such as shipping policy is made available when you search for items on our catalog and click on an item that you want to add to your store. As seen on the image below, the prices are provided for you and you just add them to the total cost of the item - taxes and custom duties are calculated automatically upon checkout.

Search_-_Spocket.png

If you're interested, you can sign-up for free on Spocket's official website to make the dropshipping process easier for you as we provide the necessary info you need! As a quick overview as well, Spocket is a dropshipping app that allows you to access items from suppliers who are mainly based in the EU and the US. Besides being assured that the products you view are of quality, they can also ship fast - items on Spocket can ship in variants of 1-3 days, 3-5 days, and 4-7 days depending on your set-up. You can learn more about the app on the website and by joining our official Facebook group as well. Hope you can get the chance to check us out!

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
47 0 3

Hi Debo,

The Multi-Origin and Dropshipping feature in ShipperHQ allows you to create the exact, customized experience you want when shipping from more than one origin.

You’ll also get more control over your shipping strategy. This means you can save money and generate the best rates possible for your customers at checkout.

If you didn’t see your desired shipping scenario in our site, don’t worry. 

Our shipping experts are here to help you customize ShipperHQ to your business’s exact shipping needs. 

Get started with a 30-day free ShipperHQ trial today.

Cheers,

Adan

1 Like