Shipping by weight

KV_10_8_84
2 0 0

I have managed to put a weight on all my products.

And set up the rates for each weight class for the countries i ship to, as ive put conditions on the rates I was wondering i dont need to add physical items to that  shipping profile as theoretically the shop should work it all out as its automating it.

Can someone help me please.

Thank you.

Kunal

0 Likes
Summer
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
40 4 4

Hey, @KV_10_8_84!

This is Summer from the Social Care team at Shopify. Welcome to Shopify Community!

Just to ensure I'm understanding the concern correctly, are you asking if it's possible not to assign products to a shipping profile and still have the shipping settings work as expected? If this is so, it's crucial to assign products to a shipping profile; without products assigned to it, the shipping rates will not be shown at the checkout when these products are being purchased.

Products are automatically assigned to the general shipping profile once they're added to your Shopify admin. If the products are not assigned to a custom shipping profile then they stay in the general shipping profile, as it is required for products to be assigned to a profile for the shipping automation to work. The rates and the shipping zones in the general shipping profile will then be used to determine the shipping rates at the checkout.

If you have added the rates and the conditions to the general shipping profile, and you don't have any custom shipping profiles where you've assigned products, then there's no need to manually assign the products as they are already in the general shipping profile. You may check that the products are assigned there by following the steps below.

1. In your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Shipping and delivery
  2. Click Manage rates beside General Shipping Rates
  3. Browse the Products section to check that all your products are in this shipping profile

If you had a different concern, please don't hesitate to respond to this post and I'll help you further. Was there any particular reason why you didn't want to assign products to a shipping profile?

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
KV_10_8_84
2 0 0

Hi Summer,

Thanks for getting back to me via the forum thread. What i have done is I have set my profiles up in the general shipping area that is fine they are set. but when I go to the individual item. the estimated shipping is appearing incorrectly.

As i wanted to weight ranges to automate my items i didn't add any items to the ranges i just set conditions and pricing accordingly. 

Although if they add to cart and carry on through to checkout is does appear correct at the end . But if the estimation is incorrect that will turn customers off my items. 

How do i solve this so my estimate is more accurate.

hope this makes sense.

Kind regards

Kunal

0 Likes
Summer
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
40 4 4

My pleasure, @KV_10_8_84! Thanks for this additional information. I understand that the estimated shipping rate is appearing incorrectly in your store. It's definitely a good idea to fix this so incorrect shipping rates don't turn customers away.

Displaying estimated shipping rates is not a native feature in Shopify. Because of this, we don't have the expertise to advise how to fix the problem. While we are not able to fix it, we can point you in the right direction and advise where you can seek further assistance. Determining the next steps to resolving the problem depends on how this feature was added to your store. You can see the different sets of steps below.

If the feature was enabled through an app, I recommend reaching out to the app's support team. You can contact them by following the steps below.

1. In your Shopify admin, click Apps on your left sidebar.
  2. Click Get support beside the app in question.

If the feature was already embedded in the theme when you added it to your store, you can seek help from the theme's support team. You can find their support details with the following steps.

1. In your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes.
  2. Click Customize beside the theme.
  3. In the theme editor, click the ellipsis or the three dots on the header.
  4. Select Get support from the dropdown menu.

If the shipping estimate was added through coding customization, the developer who built it will be able to fix the concern. You may also hire a Shopify Expert to take a look at the feature.

I hope this helps. Don't hesitate to respond to this post if you have other questions about your store!

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes