Shipping confirmation emails are NOT being sent...

Highlighted
Excursionist
80 0 13

I've had multiple customers contact me days after items have shipped asking me when they will receive shipment notification emails with tracking info.  I am firmly convinced my customers are NOT receiving shipping confirmation emails when I ship/fulfill items.  

What am I missing?  I thought that when I printed a shipping label this acted as fulfillment of the order and immediately dispatched a shipping confirmation email to the customer with tracking info.  That's NOT happening, how can I fix this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
80 0 13

Received several more emails this morning from customers who are NOT receiving tracking emails, can someone please help me figure out why they are not being sent?  There's no settings that i can find to change this, I thought it was supposed to be automatic?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello Micah,

I was experiencing the same problem. I am usinig Oberlo to ship products so I have 2 solutions:

1. In Shopify, click on the Order # and find the section that says "Fulfillments" in the order history/timeline. Click the "More" dropdown at the bottom right-hand side and click "Edit Tracking." The checkbox for "Send notification email to customer" should be selected. Click Save (click it even if the checkbox was already selected).  That should trigger the email and you should see the confirmation in the order history.

2. If you're using Oberlo, go to "Settings" and click "Shop Settings" under Connected Shops. Scroll to the bottom and select the checkbox for Notify customers about the order fulfillment and click Save!

I hope this helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
80 0 13

Hi Ashley, thanks for the reply.  You must be seeing something to do with Oberlo that isn't available to regular shopify customers, when I click the "More" menu in the "Fullfillments" area there's no option to edit tracking.  

1 Like
Highlighted

Is the order confirmation email being sent? Shopify sends the order confirmation email once the order is shipped.

But, the "Order out for delivery" and "Shipment delivered" notifications will only be sent out when you fulfill orders that have tracking information from USPS, UPS, FedEx, and Canada Post. 

For other carriers, you will have to use an app like Shipment Tracking & Notify app, which will help you send tracking notifications to your customers. The app also allows you to have an integrated tracking lookup page, from where your customers can track their orders.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, I am experiencing the same problems. In four of my stores, no confirmation email is coming to any customer. None of my apps have just different themes.

0 Likes