Shipping discount for the sellers

9 0 0

Hello, 

As i select a plan it announces that Shopify gives me a discount of more than 64% to shipping rates.

"Shipping discount Competitive shipping rates from USPS, UPS, or DHL Express.

up to 64%

"

So how can I use this discount? I don't understand the way I can use this discount.

For example, when I was a manager to a company there was a contract with a courier company and when we wanted to ship something there was a customer code (for our company) so we had some specific discount rates. 
So is this only for my customers or it has to do also when I import, for example, from China to my country (Greece) a big amount from my supplier to my warehouse.
As if there is a so big discount is going to solve a lot of issues like shipping from China to Europe is a really big amount due to distance and customs check. Usually, the shipping price is more than double the cost of the product.

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Tourist
79 3 6

Hello @Spartan,

Do you already have an account setup with any of these couriers? There is an option with DHL inxpress for up to 80% discount - would you like to discuss? 

0 Likes
9 0 0

Hello @shipguru,

My store is not set up officially yet. So there is not a VAT number to register with any of the courier companies. I am in negotiations for a collaboration with an existing company so I can create an account using their companies ID as also is illegal to import amounts of products without owning a company in Greece.  But I am wondering how can I get this discount that Spopify gives to users. Is there a procedure I have to follow or there is something like a discount code that I give to my suppliers when they are ready to ship my order with a courier company like DHL?

Thanks in advance,

Triantafyllos Anastasiou

0 Likes
Tourist
79 3 6

If you register with a Shopify courier, the rates are automatically integrated  - https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/shipping/shopify-shipping/rates

There is no need for a code for the discount -  Hope that makes sense. 

"Depending on your Shopify plan and the order you're shipping, you might be eligible for reduced shipping rates from USPSUPSDHL Express, and Canada Post. After you've set up shipping label printing in your Shopify admin, you can view and compare calculated shipping rates from an order's Fulfillment page.

0 Likes
9 0 0

Hello @shipguru 

Thanks for your reply. But as I see these discounts have to do with the USA and Canada. I don't see somewhere the discount that they provide for the rest of the world. 

As I mentioned before my base is in Greece and my supplier in China. So these discounts as I understand are not provided for Europe based shops. 

Thanks in advance,

Triantafyllos Anastasiou

0 Likes
Tourist
79 3 6

I believe your solution lies with DHL -  they offer up to 80% discount for shipments outside of CA and US  -  I believe they would be the best solution based on your origin location.  Let me know if you would like to discuss over a call.

0 Likes
9 0 0

Thanks once again @shipguru ,

Tomorrow I will make a call to DHL Greece but I am not sure if they know about this issue. Shopify isn't very common in Greece. In any case, if you could have more information will be great.

Thanks in advance,

Triantafyllos Anastasiou

0 Likes
Tourist
79 3 6

We have a direct point of contact for DHL inxpress - would you like me to have them reach out to you?

0 Likes
9 0 0

Hello @shipguru 

I contact today DHL Greece and they don't even know what is Shopify and the only thing that they can do is to give me an offer as its the normal procedure for every collaboration here in Greece. The only way is with a customer code that they can create from DHL- USA so I can have a discount according to their catalog there. Otherwise, I have to work with DHL Greece with discounts that I am sure are not more than 25%.

Thanks in advance

0 Likes