Shipping error

christiannc
2 0 1

I'm trying to launch my store but wanted to test and see what the checkout experience was like first to make sure everything is working. When I clicked "Continue to shipping" I got the following message:

"Your cart has been updated and the items you added can’t be shipped to your address. Remove the items to complete your order."

I'm not sure if this is a problem on Shopify's end or on Printify's (they are the dropshipping supplier I am using). How can I fix this?

Oliver
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
409 45 75

Hi, @christiannc !

I'd be happy to look into this as it could be a couple of things!

When a customer adds products to their cart and proceeds to the payments page of the checkout, they will have shipping rates generated for them based on the contents of their cart as long as the order/ items in the order are set to 'require shipping'. There are multiple message checks that can appear at the checkout stage, so I am afraid there is no one general answer that we can offer here.

The best thing to do would be to have a look at your store settings. My guess is that one of the items added to the cart does not have 'requires shipping' selected, or that there is a discrepancy with the address being used. Check and see if you have a shipping zone set up that correlates with the address being used at checkout.  We would, however, need to do some more digging to be able to determine what this is, for sure. 

If you're using products that are integrated with Printify and Printify uses it's own shipping rates within your admin, you'll likely want to reach out to them directly to see if everything is synced properly. 

Oliver | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
MudMixer
1 0 0

Hello!

We're just getting our shop going and I'm running into the same issue. We only have one product, and I have connected our UPS account to Shopify, so I'm not sure what the issue is. Any help would be great!! I've included a screenshot below. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 1.15.52 PM.png

0 Likes
Oliver
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
409 45 75

Hey, @MudMixer !

I'd be happy to look into this with you. First, I'd recommend making note of the address you're using in checkout. In this case, I'd recommend opening up your shipping zones and ensuring your UPS rates are setup to ship to Texas. You can get there by clicking Settings>Shipping and delivery>Manage rates. From here you'll be able to see all of the locations that you're currently able to ship to. Please feel free to attach any screenshots showing your current shipping setup and we can take our troubleshooting efforts from there.

Warm regards!

0 Likes
Andrey_Bondarev
3 0 0

@Oliver 

Hello, I added some new products in my store, but all of them are with no "requires shipping" option enabled. When I try to check this box in the bulk editor, it fails to save the new products. Please help!

0 Likes
Oliver
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
409 45 75

Hi, @Andrey_Bondarev!

That sounds like it would likely be a browser or device issue. Are you clicking the purple Save button after making the changes? If so, I'd definitely recommend clearing the cache on your browser and trying again. If that doesn't work, try from another device altogether to see if it's consistent.

If you're still having some trouble after checking these options, please feel free to reach out to our support team directly so we can troubleshoot this further with you!

Warm regards.

Andrey_Bondarev
3 0 0

Hi, thank you for your response, we tried with 3 different devices (Windows 10, Linux) and browsers (Chrome, Firefox).

All other columns in the bulk editor are available to save (SKU, Price etc...). It seems like only this option is not available to save.

Should I contact the support now?

0 Likes
Oliver
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
409 45 75

Hi, @Andrey_Bondarev !

That's certainly something we'll want to look at directly. It may even be something we want to bring to our developers. Please do get in touch with our Support team directly so we can authenticate you and get that checked out! 

Warm regards.

0 Likes
Blooming
1 0 0

Hi, 

So I got the same problem, but I checked the shipping zone/ rate and it is correct. But it works on my mobile phone but not the desktop version.... 

shipping error.png

0 Likes