Shipping error

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey,
When I try to set up free plus shipping, they show me this message : 
Your cart has been updated and the items you added can’t be shipped to your address. Remove the items to complete your order.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
804 41 123

Hey, @yogadaily!

Can I ask how you have your shipping rates set up? Have you created a shipping zone for certain countries, for a worldwide shipping zone, or just a domestic shipping zone? This error may be coming up if you are trying to ship the product to an address you have no shipping rate set up for yet. could you show me a screenshot of your shipping settings and I can see if I can help here? I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this for you! 

Speak soon!

Ava

Social Care

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Your cart has been updated and the items you added can’t be shipped to your address. Remove the items to complete your order.

How can i resolve this issue?????

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I just started getting the same error on our site. Multiple customers emailing. So frustrating. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
804 41 123

Hi @paachyy & @Max_Cameron!

So sorry to hear you are both seeing the same error. Could you let me know what kind of shipping rates you have set up? If you could go to the admin and navigate to Settings > Shipping, could you check if you have rates set up for 'rest of world' and not just specific countries? If someone from, for example, Spain, were to try and place an order on your store when there is no shipping rate set up for Spain, they will not be able to check out.

Also, if you are using a Print on Demand service, some services are seeing delays in their shipping and may not have rates to show at the moment. It may be worth getting in touch with your supplier (if you are using a Print on Demand Service) to ensure their warehouses are shipping as normal.

If you both have shipping rates for all countries enabled + your POD (if applicable) are still fulfilling orders, and are still seeing this error, could you let me know here so I can look into this further? I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this!

Speak soon!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Same problem here
I'm in Nyc and I have a vendor who drop shipping for from in Italy

I set him as fulfillment service and I assigned the product in my database to him..
If I try to set a rate keeps showing: "Your cart has been updated and the items you added can’t be shipped to your address. Remove the items to complete your order." or... reading the shipment as he will happen from my location in nyc and so charge my local low rates and 1 day shipping !!

it's 3 days that I'm traying to fix this … please help

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am experiencing this issue. I had someone help me fix it two days ago, or so I thought. And it is now a repeat problem.

Your cart has been updated and the items you added cant' be shipped to your address. Remove the items to complete your order.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
804 41 123

Hi @Gattopardo!

Apologies for the delayed response here! We are seeing a large volume of questions coming in lately, so we are trying our best to reply to everyone as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience!

Can I ask if you are shipping from Oberlo if you are dropshipping? If you are, you can set up specific rates for Oberlo in the Shipping section of your admin. There is a video here on setting up shipping rates for you General shipping profile if you are only using Oberlo:

This video will go over how to add rates for a certain location only at the 0.59 mark in the above video.

If you wanted to set up shipping rates per product, or something specific like "free product + pay shipping" you can watch the video below for steps on how to do that. this would be a good option if you were only using Oberlo for some products, but not all:

I know there can be a lot to get done when you're setting up your shipping, but once you set it up at the beginning, you should not need to edit them much after that! Once you have Oberlo set up as a location, then add rates to that location, you should be able to see rates at checkout. 

If you like, you can leave a link to your live store here so I can check this out? Happy to help!

Speak soon! 

Ava

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
804 41 123

Hi, @ladybeesq!

Apologies for the delayed response here. We are seeing a large volume of questions coming in lately, so we are trying our best to reply to everyone as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience! Could you take a look at the videos I've left in my post to @Gattopardo in the post above? You may be seeing the same issue if you do not have rates set up for certain locations.

You mentioned you had someone help you resolve this, was it someone from our support team? If so, could you let me know the ticket number from your interaction with the team? I can look into that further for you now.

Speak soon!

Ava

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2

FIXEDDDD... i was having this issue all morning. figured out the problem (atleast my store) even after finding all of my settings were perfect was somehow there is a problem with the adding a 'default carrier option with the shipping rates. i was offering a free shipping option over a dollar amt and also a default carrier (usps first class) and for some reason the link with usps isn't working and wont pop up as a shipping option (which brings the error message). To fix it i erased the defult carrier option and added another "set your own rates" option and just named it USPS First Class Mail and set a fixed rate for it. Hope this fixes the problem for others until Shopify fixes the isue.