Shipping international and local

Siron7
1 0 0

Hi All,

Beginner here. Me and my son created shopify however we are struggling to set up shipping. we get our item from oberlo. eg. oberlo say the shipping is 5dollar but but when they check out its 15 dollar due to we set the international shipping 15.

Hope it make sense.

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1310 118 340

Hi @Siron7 , welcome to the community.

I don't know what your question is but if you need help setting up or adjusting shipping, this guide will help you: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/shipping/setting-up-and-managing-your-shipping/setting-up-shippin...

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfillment + more automations).
More apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing), Tip Jar (add a tip button), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid).
0 Likes
Hilary
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
84 24 12

Hi, @Siron7

Welcome to the Shopify Community! I'd be happy to help you understand your shipping settings a little better. 

When you are dropshipping, such as through Oberlo, you need to set flat shipping rates. You can create flat shipping rates for any order within a shipping zone, or only for orders whose weight or price is within a certain range. For example, in a shipping zone for the United States, you could set a flat rate of $10, and another flat rate of $5 for orders that are over $50. This means that all orders that ship to the United States will charge the customer $10 for shipping, unless the order value is over $50, then the customer will be charged $5 for shipping. 

If Oberlo is charging you $5 for shipping most orders, and you are currently charging your customers $15, you can edit the shipping rate to better reflect the actual cost. Oberlo has a great help article called Set up your Shopify shipping settings that I recommend going through. It discusses shipping settings strategy, as well as has a step-by-step guide on how to change your settings. 

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. For any issues, please share a screenshot of your current settings, and a list of what you would like to charge your customers for shipping. This way, we can walk through the settings together. 

Other than your shipping settings, how is the rest of your store setup going? 

Hilary | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes