Shipping method choice

Highlighted
Trailblazer
620 0 69
Shopify folks - I have what I hope is a simple and readily implementable request that I can't seem to find a good work around for and that I don't see a reason not to implement. The request - for Shipping option during page 2 of checkout - could you force the customer to choose a shipping rate like you do State on page 1, i.e. -Please Select- and not let them checkout until they do. The reason. I have a "Hold for pickup" option that only works for local customers, but since it is $0.00 it is always the default and I have people breeze right though without ever really reading the text where you ask them to choose a shipping rate. Basically, could we fool proof this just a little?
John Nanci www.ChocolateAlchemy.com The Art and Science of Homemade Chocolate
3 Likes
Shopify Expert
3931 14 323

Sounds to me like the best little fix for this is to allow shops to SET the default shipping option to what they want.. and not have it always show up as sorted from least to most expensive… That would alleviate this little problem…

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
1 Like
Trailblazer
620 0 69

Yes, a re-order function would also work. My preferred shipping option is always UPS. Being able to set that as the default would be nice, regardless that some USPS options might be cheaper.

0 Likes
Tourist
93 0 3

I second the re-order function and the mandentory “please select” option.

Mike www.elhogareducador.org Your one stop shop for Spanish books, CDs and DVDs
0 Likes
Excursionist
182 0 6

This gets my vote.

0 Likes
Trailblazer
620 0 69

pity this isn’t a democracy ;)

0 Likes
Trailblazer
620 0 69

OK, maybe I am just asking for too much, but this went up 3 days ago and there has not been so much as an acknowledgment from Shopify that anyone has seen this. I guess I could write an email, but every time I do I am asked to “take it to the Forum”, so that is what I have done. What good has it done me or anyone else? (co

Sure, you’re a small company, but I am even smaller company (count one person!) and I answer 100% of my customers questions, concerns and emails within 24 hours, and usually 12 hours.

It’s been commented many times that maybe Shopify isn’t for me and I should move on. Well, I’m here, I’m not going anywhere, and this isn’t about the bells and whistles of the app – it’s about BASIC CUSTOMER SERVICE.

The message I take from away from 3 days without a reply is you are basically taking us (your paying customers) for granted (even more so since I just said I am not leaving), and feel no obligation to us.

I’ve tried to keep this light, but frankly, customer service sucks and I’m pissed about it. If I had the ability to go somewhere else (without huge downtime) I would, but I don’t and that makes matters worse.

I’ll stop ranting now (for the moment) but I hope you guys get the message of the message YOU are sending out by your lack of attentiveness to your customers requests for assistance. I’ll say it again – IT SUCKS and is a bloody unprofessional way to run a business. Maybe you started out just making an e-comm app for your board store, but that isn’t it anymore. It’s real and people are depending on you. IMO, you REALLY need to address this issue of customer support.

1 Like
Trailblazer
620 0 69

Fine, I will just keep bumping this until someone responds.

I don’t know what else to do.

0 Likes
Excursionist
182 0 6

I would think the re-order of the shipping options would have been a simple fix.

Maybe they don’t want to change it? They should at least provide some override for your kind of situation.

Maybe something in the works is happening? I do agree that you should have gotten a response. If I ask a question, at least answer honestly so I can move on, right?

1 Like
Trailblazer
620 0 69

That’s it Rob – I feel totally cast adrift here with zero support.

I tried a home-spun solution, but it even failed.

0 Likes