Shipping (minor) request

Trailblazer
620 0 70
I am having a persistent error in from my customers in regards to shipping choice. In general, they do not read the shipping choices (as I have found out from feedback), they just take the first "valid" one and continue. My first shipping option is "Customer will pickup Order in Oregon" $0.00. Due to its weight range, 0-50 lbs, it always shows first. I can't order them. Is there much of a chance it could be changed so the customer is presented with *Please choose a shipping option* so they are forced to read the choices? At this rate, I will remove that option, but I hate to do that to local customers.
John Nanci www.ChocolateAlchemy.com The Art and Science of Homemade Chocolate
0 Likes
13 0 0

I have to second this. Maybe it could be something similar to what has been done for ‘countries’ in the checkout.

0 Likes
19 0 0

Thats a great point

One more thing, could it possibly be changed to “Postage & Package” or “Postage & Shipping” as all my shipping costs include the packaging.

Any news on the “Height” part of shipping?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2002 0 41

Can’t you just disable this shipping rate for all states but oregon?

Tobias Lütke - Shopify CEO // http://twitter.com/tobi
0 Likes
Trailblazer
620 0 70

In theory, yes I could except it is a “fix” unto itself. I actually never have any pickups. But I use it for the occational customer that I don’t want/need to charge shipping for. For instance I just used it for someone that had ordered a lightweight item, and immediately wanted to add something to the order. I agreed to combine the two orders and told the customer to choose the “Customer will pick up…” for the 2nd order so they would not be charged a shipping fee. I can just imagine what “Free shipping” would do as a choice :)

John Nanci www.ChocolateAlchemy.com The Art and Science of Homemade Chocolate
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2002 0 41

Well you can do this with coupons now!

Tobias Lütke - Shopify CEO // http://twitter.com/tobi
0 Likes