Shipping origin street address is required.

kariblueberry
Tourist
4 0 5

I am getting this error while trying to print a shipping label.  I made a change recently to add free shipping to all US orders- did this screw something up? How can I fix this and start printing labels, I've been trying to figure this out all morning.

Thanks!

kariblueberry_0-1612724006514.png

Replies 4 (4)

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @kariblueberry

Rae from Shopify here. Thanks for reaching out. 

When this error appears, it usually means there's a problem with the way your street address was added to the 'Settings > Location' section of your admin. In some cases, it may even indicate that the street hasn't been included in the address yet. 

To double check this and verify how your address is set up, please follow these steps: 

1. Log in to your Shopify admin 
  2. Click on 'Settings > Locations' 
  3. Click on your default address under 'Locations' 
  4. Double check to ensure your full address is entered here, including the street number and street name 
  5. Once you've made changes, click 'Save'

When the 'Address' section of the form is completed correctly, it will look similar to this:  

21-02-pus5i-i9uvz.png

Let me know if you're still receiving this error once you've edited this form and ensured your street address is included. If you're still getting the error after completing this, I'll be happy to help further! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

SaraSteapedSlow
Tourist
9 1 8

On the location page I see this error:  

"This address couldn’t be verified. You may be unable to buy shipping labels or set up certain delivery methods. Review the format or try re-entering your address."

The address I've entered is correct. I even selected from an option presented in the drop down ensuring formatting was correct. How do I solve this? 

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 7.06.51 PM.png

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @SaraSteapedSlow

Thanks for letting me know. 

I appreciate you double checking that the address is already correct on your end. Since this error is still appearing though, there are some additional troubleshooting options we can use to help get this resolved.

As a first step, can you please verify that your address matches what's listed through a postal service, such as UPS, USPS, or Canada Post? If your address isn't recognized through these services, I recommend using the suggested address they offer in your Shopify admin instead.

It's also a great idea to look up your address on Google Maps to see how they have it stored on their end. If it's showing up incorrectly here, you can report this error to Google directly by following these steps

Please keep me posted on how these tests go! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

LAWLESSWOODWORK
Visitor
2 0 0

I have followed all steps listed and I am still getting the same error on my shipping.