Shipping profiles and zones

Solved
danilee
4 0 0

Hi, I was wondering about shipping profiles and zones. 

1. Can I duplicate an item, in either Printify or Shopify, and put one copy of each in 2 different profiles, and set a different price for each item per zone? (Ex: USA shirt price $15 + free shipping | Canada shirt price $20+ $5 shipping)
2. If a certain product isn’t in a shipping profile, does it still appear on the website for that zone? Or will it not be visible at all?
3. How many shipping profiles can I have?

Thank you in advance, I thought there was an option to chat with a Shopify agent but haven’t seemed to find it yet
0 Likes
pvoulg
Shopify Partner
171 26 45

Hey @danilee,

1. You don't need to duplicate an item to offer different shipping options. You can set different pricing for different items, just by selecting different shipping rates within the same profile (each country/zone can have their own).

2. Products will show up on your website independently of whether they're included in a shipping zone or not (provided they're set to Active and Online store is checked). If a user tries to purchase an item that is not included in a shipping profile, they'll receive a warning during checkout that will inform them that there are no shipping rates available for that particular product.

3. We've had stores with upwards of 10-20 profiles, never had an issue. It's really rare though that a store requires that many. 

Panos Voulgaris
Creative director / Partner @ MALVI
Founder @ function( )
0 Likes
danilee
4 0 0

Thank you for your reply

Regarding my first question, I am asking about prices for the item itself not the shipping. I know I can set different shipping costs. I want to set a different price for the item in the store based on the location someone is shopping from. Is this possible?

Not including currency conversions. 

0 Likes
pvoulg
Shopify Partner
171 26 45

This is an accepted solution.

Setting different prices for the same product is not possible. Duplicating a product, as per your suggestion, would achieve what you're after, but effectively be technically not very reliable.

First you'd have the issue of having to monitor or sync inventory in two places for the same product. Then comes the fact that you'd need a geolocation app to show each one to different countries. The thing is that geolocation scripts are now rather unreliable (with people using VPNs, etc), so you're not 100% sure that the visitor you want to be showing a specific price to, is actually seeing that product/price.

Panos Voulgaris
Creative director / Partner @ MALVI
Founder @ function( )
0 Likes