Shipping support and claim - help needed!

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi,

I recently purchased a UPS shipping label through shopify, and the package is lost in transit. I reached out to shipping support with all details and opened a ticket.

It's been 5 business days, and I have not received any response. It is very disappointing and frustrating, and I am concerned with further shipments through shopify.

Why is there no response from shopify shipping support when a claim is submitted?

Please let me know if I need to open another ticket, and a response from an agent is much appreciated. Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

I am having the same issue, I actually filed a claimed through UPS, and it was approved, but they say that the claim goes to shopify's UPS account #..so I have no idea how to get my money back. I contacted support and am still waiting on an answer.  Last time I received a reply in the middle of the night (sounds like its outsourced to another country) 

I have had to file 2 claims in the last month, due to a package disappearing and another being completely demolished! Im losing money here replacing items and refunding customers.

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi,

Thank you for your reply, and sorry to hear about your shipments/claims. I don't think I can submit a claim through UPS as it requires an UPS account number. The shipping label was purchased through shopify. I again sent a note to shipping support and waiting for their response.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
601 58 74

Hey, @Jaya-sudha & @NobleMarket.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you both for reaching out!

Sorry to hear about the lost packages with UPS and I can understand how frustrating that must be. I can confirm that lost, not delivered, or damaged shipments with UPS or DHL, the claims can be filed through Shopify. Although shipping carriers failing to deliver a shipment is not limited to Shopify; however, our Shipping team can help look into the shipments and file the claims on your behalf. After the claim is processed, they can reimburse the funds into your account.

For reference, shipment claims with USPS or Canada Post can be filed directly with the carrier. 

That being said, since you've already reached out to our Shipping team, please allow several business days for them to get back to you. If you don't hear back from them, don't hesitate to let me know and I'd be happy to take a closer look!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

You didn’t answer the question. We cannot file claims through USPS directly because we didn’t purchase through our USPS account. We purchased through Shopify’s. If support will not respond to us what are we supposed to do? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi,

I perfectly understand your situation, I sent a couple of follow-up emails to the support mentioning my ticket number, and other details  each time.

In my case, the support responded in about 3 weeks time saying that Shopify has opened a claim with UPS, and that UPS will contact me directly. They also mentioned that I need to look for UPS email, and respond to them with all necessary paperwork required via mail, and then UPS will send a check via mail for the loss in value. This process will take another 2 weeks time, and if I don't hear from UPS, I had to check back with Shopify again. I was notified all this information 4 days ago, and I have not received any email from UPS. Also there is no reference number or account number given with regard to the claim, and there is no way I can check with UPS directly. I have to wait till I hear from them.

One of the Shopify staff mentioned earlier that Shopify will file claim on my behalf, but then support emailed saying that only a claim will be opened, and I have to co-ordinate with UPS with regard to the same. Hope this information helps.

1 Like