I am new to Shopify and will have the shop running in 2 weeks. I started to setup the shipping zones. There are 3 things that I just couldn't get my head around with though read many support documents etc.
1. I want to ship to UK (domestic) , Turkey (domestic) and EU countries (international). When setting up shipping zones, at the bottom, there is a "not covered countries/zones" part which shows all the countries that I didn't set up. However I would still receive traffic from those zones and how and when are the visitors notified that we don't ship to their location? If this is at the end of the checkout process it would cause a lot of frustration.
2. I want, eventually, to ship worldwide, however I have no idea on the customs, regulations from my 2 inventory locations to everywhere in the world. I've read the international shipping supporting documents but it only states that I should be checking the restrictions, customs etc. but if I would ship worldwide it is impossible to know each country's custom regulations, taxes. How do I ship worldwide? Do I need an international courier or forwarder but there isn't any courier that provides service worldwide other than DHL I guess (and their rates are unbelievably expensive).
3. Very basic : I have been trying to find a way to create shipping labels from shopify, and this is only possible via apps. I searched a lot of apps and it is very hard to find couriers that serve specific locations (initially I will ship to UK (domestic) , Turkey (domestic) , and EU countries (international)). I can understand that there isn't any courier that serve to these locations and I might need more than 1 app (?) But how do I find the app that creates shipping labels to the shipment zones I serve.
Sorry for the long question
Hey, @Begus I'd be happy to answer your three questions so you can get your shipping situation sorted out.
1. Shipping zones that aren't covered behave in the following manner: When the customer attempts to enter their shipping address, our system verifies with your Shipping settings if it's an area you service. In the areas not serviced, they will be unable to checkout. If you are looking for a way for a customer to check where you Ship, you could do by adding an announcement bar that shows at the top of every page. In there you can say that you ship to the following areas. We have a video guide to show you how to set this up.
2. How you should set up international shipping really depends on your needs. Obviously, you will want to check that you have a shipping service that services a country that you want to ship to. But for the most part, services such as USPS, UPS, Canada Post, DHL, FedEx, etc. ship out to many countries across the globe. You can go to the individual websites of these shipping services to see which countries and shipping options they offer for countries you want to get your product into.
3. Great question, is your business based/shipping out of the UK? Multiorders is an inventory management app, that does much more than let you print shipping labels. It integrates with worldwide shipping carriers, allowing you to print shipping labels. Should you have an existing carrier account with Royal Mail, the free app Postmen can connect with it and allow you to print labels at a cost of 1¢ per label (not including the cost of postage). If you have Carrier Calculated Shipping active on your shop, the app Royal Mail Shipping Extension can provide Royal Mail's carrier-calculated rates on your checkout, including "International Signed For." This app won't print shipping labels but should work in conjunction with an app such as Multiorders.
If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.
Thank you for your prompt answer.
1. Fully satisfied with the reply
2. So really need to check each country individually if I want to ship globally. Sounds a real hassle.
3. Yes, so there are 2 inventory locations: UK and Turkey, when I ship to UK and Turkey these will be domestic shipping. I will also ship to EU, from UK, which will be international shipping. I checked the Postmen app becuase I recently setup a click&drop account with Royal Mail, however I couldn't see Royal Mail integration it only states these : UPS, USPS, DHL, TNT, Australia Post, Canada Post
I guess the most complicated one is from Turkey to Turkey since it is far more unlikely to find an app that has a contract with Turkish carrier. But I am okay sending with Royal Mail to UK and Europe as long as it is convenient and I can manage from shopify platform creating shipping and return labels, printing them, providing tracking number etc.